UFC to run twelve 'Fight Night' cards on Fox Sports 1 starting from August through end-of-year

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC to run twelve 'Fight Night' cards on Fox Sports 1 starting from August through end-of-year
FastKnockout
3/5/13 3:42:16PM
Big news for MMA fans broke today, as Fox Sports executives confirmed that the UFC will hold bi-weekly fight cards on the new Fox Sports 1 channel, which will launch on Saturday, August 17th.

Link
grappler0000
3/5/13 4:28:19PM
Shit just got real.
Goatenstein
3/5/13 4:40:06PM
Are they still gonna cut 100 more guys?
Manak
3/5/13 5:05:41PM
BONER!!!
hotrodttt
3/5/13 5:06:56PM
That's a swift kick in the nuts to Bellator
prozacnation1978
3/5/13 5:30:21PM
When I see it ill believe it.
Cutting 1/4 of your fighters and trying to do that won't happen
DrivenDavies15
3/5/13 6:08:35PM
I'm kind of confused. Is FOX Sports 1 replacing anything? Like FUEL or FX cards? Are we going to have FOX cards and FOX Sports cards?
pmoney
3/5/13 6:23:52PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

I'm kind of confused. Is FOX Sports 1 replacing anything? Like FUEL or FX cards? Are we going to have FOX cards and FOX Sports cards?

Yeah all FX and FUEL cards will be on Fox Sports 1. It won't be every week, it won't be twice a week. It probably won't be much different than it is now. Some times we will get those stretches of three events in three weeks, sometimes we will go weeks between.
bootyclause
3/5/13 7:07:16PM
In the last few weeks, every mma story comes back to my bitterness over the Jon Fitch Debacle. It permanently damaged my passion for the sport.

They're gonna fire every good top 30 fighter who uses wrestling and replace them with guys from TUF Guam or some BS. The Fox Sports 1 switch is gonna bomb; weak quality shows with MUCH worse ratings than FX or Spike would get.

SpiderSilva
3/5/13 7:14:26PM

Posted by bootyclause

In the last few weeks, every mma story comes back to my bitterness over the John Finch Debacle. It permanently damaged my passion for the sport.

They're gonna fire every good top 30 fighter who uses wrestling and replace them with guys from TUF Guam or some BS. The Fox Sports 1 switch is gonna bomb; weak quality shows with MUCH worse ratings than FX or Spike would get.

Who is John Finch?
Budgellism
3/5/13 8:41:02PM
I love mid-week mma. I'm glad they're deciding to put more Wednesday night cards on.