Rumour: Joachim "Hellboy Hansen to appear on UFC 75 card in London.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rumour: Joachim "Hellboy Hansen to appear on UFC 75 card in London.
Believe-in-judo81
6/11/07 4:14:19PM
According to sources within his training camp and various internet rumor mills former Shooto champion and Pride veteran Joachim Hansen has been offered a fight on the UFC75 card in London later this year. His opponent appears to likely be Terry Etim, who made an impressive UFC debut against undefeated amateur wrestling star Matt Grice.

Any thoughts guys? I for one am pumped to see Hansen hopefully find a home UFC, instead of being stuck in a sort of limbo like some other fighters are currently. Terry Etim is a tough kid and if this turns out to be true I think he'll be more than game and hopefully make it an interesting fight.
kimoron
6/11/07 4:23:04PM
hellboy would be a great addition to the ufc lw division. i sure hope this is more than just a rumor.
Aether
6/11/07 4:44:27PM
oh wow the good news just keeps rolling in! I can't wait to see all the changes that are going to be happening in this next year.
Northrend
6/16/07 7:33:39PM
Damn man I see Hansen beat through almost all the UFC LW's expect Sherk/Penn and a few others.

War Norway!
Believe-in-judo81
6/16/07 7:39:27PM
For sure, I feel the same way, most of these guys, especially the younger ones, haven't fought anyone with the combination of sheer brutal intensity and skill Hansen brings to a fight. The guy is so damned confident and intimidating that some of his fights are over before the opening bell even rings. All I can say is win or lose expect some explosive and entertaining fights out of Joachim, I don't think we've seen anything yet.
KYGUY07
6/16/07 7:52:12PM
I've been wanting to see Hansen in the ufc for a while now.
loller90278
6/16/07 8:12:05PM
"squeekiest wheel always gets the grease" i guess. i remember joachim saying that he was stuck and wanted to fight
DangerousDjohn
6/16/07 8:58:05PM
Hellboy is sweet. I figure after Hermes beats Sherk, and Joachim gets a fight or two, they'll fight for the title.
Gkizi
6/16/07 9:29:39PM
Nica,but his life would not be easy in the UFC.
gspfan31
6/16/07 9:48:49PM
hellboy vs. guida or griffin would be crazy
Stickan
6/16/07 10:08:47PM
It's about time

Huerta - Hansen, UFC make it happen!!
kerazzle
6/16/07 10:21:56PM
Great to hear. I miss seeing Joachim fight, he is one of my favourites....such a badass.
Northrend
6/17/07 1:28:46AM

Posted by Believe-in-judo81

For sure, I feel the same way, most of these guys, especially the younger ones, haven't fought anyone with the combination of sheer brutal intensity and skill Hansen brings to a fight. The guy is so damned confident and intimidating that some of his fights are over before the opening bell even rings. All I can say is win or lose expect some explosive and entertaining fights out of Joachim, I don't think we've seen anything yet.

Good point about the sheer brutality of him. Don't think anyone can standup to the punches/knees. he throws. The worst matchup for him would be BJ Penn since he is sorta weak to submissions.
TaUrUs
6/17/07 11:27:12AM
Here's a recent interview with Joachim Hansen about his future:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tp4G7O4NDIU

He mentioned he wants to fight in the lightweight division in the UFC.
kaduey
6/17/07 11:49:59AM

100% agree. Great fight style wise.
johny_rotten
6/17/07 12:21:30PM
I can't wait to see Hellboy in the UFC. He is a real threat to anyone in the LW class. I hope he is the first, but not the last of Pride LWs to come over. If you bring Melendez, Kawijiri, Aoki, and Gomi the UFC LW division becomes the deepest class out there.
Stickan
6/17/07 1:02:40PM

Posted by johny_rotten

I can't wait to see Hellboy in the UFC. He is a real threat to anyone in the LW class. I hope he is the first, but not the last of Pride LWs to come over. If you bring Melendez , Kawijiri, Aoki, and Gomi the UFC LW division becomes the deepest class out there.

Damn I think I'm becoming a TUF-noob... I'm actually thinking Brandon Melendez everytime I see the name Melendez nowadays. Those damn brain washers

I think Hellboy can be a star in the LW division if he racks up some wins. He's got that pale, strange, mystic look and the way he fights should earn him a pretty big fanbase.
Believe-in-judo81
6/17/07 2:04:24PM
Sherk and BJ are the only two UFC LWs tht matchup badly with Joachim, that said he would still set up a lot of very exciting fights.