UFC 82 Rumors

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 82 Rumors
ohiostate1016
11/12/07 11:26:22AM
I know that the UFC is most likely coming back to Columbus, Ohio for their UFC 82 card in March. But I haven't heard any rumors as to possible matchups on the card. I'm thinking that Silva could possibly defend the MW title, and we'll also most likely have a big HW matchup.

Any other rumors??
TheLegend
11/12/07 11:30:16AM
I remember reading a while back that Dana said the next Hamill/Bisping fight could be there.
ohiostate1016
11/12/07 11:50:22AM
Well that's good. But if Bisping thinks that he got a rough time after he "won/lost" to Hamill the first time, think about the ovation (or lack thereof) Bisping will get in Ohio, Hamill's home state (he's from Cincinnati).
KYGUY07
11/12/07 12:44:04PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Well that's good. But if Bisping thinks that he got a rough time after he "won/lost" to Hamill the first time, think about the ovation (or lack thereof) Bisping will get in Ohio, Hamill's home state (he's from Cincinnati).

good point
ohiostate1016
11/12/07 12:52:23PM
Yeah, people in Ohio are really into MMA. Did you see them boooing Anderson Silva at UFC 77? And he didn't even do anything. He's a hell of a fighter, and they booed him because they like Rich Franklin better (another Cincy product).

The only thing that may help Bisping if that fight takes place is that not many people know that Hamill is from Ohio. If they don't know, then they have no reason to boo. What am I saying? Ohio sports fans are the best in the world, of course they know that Matt Hamill is from Ohio.

Also, I think it would be great to see Forrest Griffin fight at 82. I'm not sure if this is correct, but I remember watching the TUF 1 finale, and a screen pops up when he's walking out that says he was born in Columbus, Ohio, although he fights out of Atlanta. I'm not sure if this was incorrect or something. Could it be possible that he was born in Columbus, Georgia??
TheHitmanTL
11/12/07 5:07:16PM
they should put tito vs the winner of bisping/evans

or have hendo fight tito or have him debut at 185
Scott_Revels
11/12/07 6:49:04PM
I heard a rumor.. that it's too early to listen to any rumors.. Sorry.. I heard that Abraham Lincoln was going to rise from the grave, and fight Chuck Liddell, in what will be touted as "The Battle of The Mohawks." It's just as good a rumor as anything else i've heard in here.. It'd be interesting though.. I'd go with Abraham..
Mayhem13
11/12/07 7:32:52PM
I too have heard that Bisping/Hammil could be taking place at this event...... and I think it could be possible for Shogun to be back around that time......so maybe they could put him on the card as well.
SpiderSilva
11/12/07 8:11:11PM
here is who is gonna fight in Ohio

Rich Franklin
Matt Hughes
Tim Sylvia

They all seem to fight in ohio one way or another
BigTomZ
11/13/07 8:25:25PM
I wonder who Franklin will fight. He isn't going to get another title shot until someone gets the belt off Silva.
MMAFightClothes
11/13/07 8:54:16PM
I don't know if this is the place for this rumor, but I heard Hendo would rather be at 205, but if the contract is good enough he'll come down to 185.

Kevin
MMA Fight Clothes
loller90278
11/14/07 2:47:25AM
man, we're not even at 78 yet and you kids are talking about 82! i remember the good old days where we wouldn't know whos on a pride card until like 3 days to a week *if we were lucky* till the event!