Rumored UFC HW tournament to decide the #1 contender

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rumored UFC HW tournament to decide the #1 contender
POLL: Choose the fight you think we will most likely see for the tournament final
Cro Cop-Couture 47% (30)
Cro cop-Nogueira 14% (9)
Dos Santos-Couture 28% (18)
Dos Santos-Nogueira 11% (7)
mentalcase
7/15/09 2:48:00AM
Apparently the winner on Cro Cop Vs Dos Santos will fight the winner of Couture Vs Nogueira for a shot at Brock Lesner

how do you see this HW tournament playing out
george112
7/15/09 2:54:59AM
the way i see it goin down is mirko getting passed dos santos.but i dont see couture even comin close to beating big nog.

so in the end i see mirko v. big nog. with big nog being the victor of that fight

jst my thoughts
Irish_Pride
7/15/09 3:00:50AM
I would like to see a Cro Cop vs Couture matchup but it's going to be pretty difficult for Couture to beat Nogueira. I'm hoping he can pull it off and win because I would love to see him fight Cro Cop. I think Cro Cop will beat Dos Santos, I mean it won't be easy but he can do it.
Schizoidman
7/15/09 3:21:57AM
Whatever happened to Cain Velasquez vs. Shane Carwin? They're not in the running anymore? I think that fight deserves some consideration.
Kpro
7/15/09 3:22:51AM
if Dos Santos and Nogueira both win, would Dos Santos defer to Nogueira or fight ?

Maybe this is what Fertitta was talking about with the teammates have to fight talk.
mentalcase
7/15/09 3:39:59AM

Posted by Schizoidman

Whatever happened to Cain Velasquez vs. Shane Carwin? They're not in the running anymore? I think that fight deserves some consideration.

i think the winner of that fight should have the first shot then the winner of this tourney should get the next shot
DCRage
7/15/09 6:36:55AM

Posted by Schizoidman

That fight's at 104, winner is next. This tournament wouldn't wrap up until at least early '10, which is about the time the 104 winner should get their shot (I'm thinking April).
sclasclemski
7/15/09 6:38:24AM
I think more likely if Nogueria wins he gets a shot...then the winner of cain/Carwin vs Cro cop/Santos
theguido
7/15/09 10:15:09AM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by Schizoidman

i think the winner of that fight should have the first shot then the winner of this tourney should get the next shot

mkiv9secsupra
7/15/09 10:40:45AM
CC TKOs Dos Santos
Couture grinds out a UD over Nogueira

CC TKOs Couture easily
but i wouldnt object to seeing CC vs Nogueira 2 if that scenario plays out...
cowcatcher
7/15/09 11:13:53AM
in my perfect world we get to see randy and CC, but as long as CC is fighting either randy or nog after the first fights win or lose, im a happy camper.
Khaos
7/15/09 11:21:28AM
I'd like to see Big Nog and CC win, so we can get a rematch, I think that'd be awesome, I'm not sure who would win this time around though.
Pookie
7/15/09 11:33:52AM
Dos Santos and Couture
MisterFreeze
7/15/09 11:34:52AM

Posted by Schizoidman

I heard it straight out of Dana Whites mouth, the winner of Shane Carwin vs Cain Velasquez gets the next title shot.
emfleek
7/15/09 11:36:25AM
Cro Cop vs. Nogueira
KaibaThedon
7/15/09 12:32:20PM
Doesn't big Nog corner Junior Dos Santos?

I remember seeing him in his corner at UFC90
slapshot
7/15/09 1:16:03PM

Posted by Schizoidman

It was just yesterday that Dana said the winner of Velasquez vs Carwin gets the title shot so this idea is less than a rumor.

Its in one of his video's where he's talking about UFC 100 and he confirms the winner gets lesnar....

I think Carwin will win that fight and face off with Brock.
GSPVSSILVA
7/15/09 4:07:57PM
I just want to see another Cro Cop fight.
Boo_Radley21
7/16/09 9:15:54AM
I really hope this is true. I get to see Couture fight Nogueira, and if everything goes how I'm hoping he fights Cro Cop and gets his title back from Lesnar to end his career. ****** eh Randy.
warglory
7/16/09 12:14:04PM
Alright, I am a big fan of CroCop, but the faith people have in his ability to win this tourney, whether its fantasy or not, is kind of strange to me. Someone mentioned he'd easily take out Couture, are you serious? Let's be realistic people.
Jackelope
7/16/09 5:23:26PM
In a perfect world I would love to see it end up CC vs. Couture. That satisfies two fights I have been dying to see for a very long time. Nog vs. Couture, and CC vs. Couture.

These fights, coupled with Barnett vs. Fedor will finally almost completely settle the old Pride vs. UFC HW's picture from 3 years ago. CC vs. Couture is the most interesting fight to me outside of Barney vs. Fedor.
prozacnation1978
7/16/09 6:54:38PM
i doubt santos would face big nog

but i am looking forward to it, title shot sometime next summer probably