RUMOR: Ricardo Arona vs Sokoudjou - April 8th

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » RUMOR: Ricardo Arona vs Sokoudjou - April 8th
ffforgottenx
3/12/07 12:02:17PM
credit: mmaweekly.com

looks like sokoudjou is up for another huge test.. thoughts?
JoeMimic
3/12/07 12:15:22PM
I've got a feeling lightning won't strike twice....Sokoudjou will be a huge underdog yet again.
loller90278
3/12/07 12:46:18PM
i'll have money on soko!
Manfred
3/12/07 12:57:41PM
First they threw him to the wolves, now the lions? LOL
He's going to move to 3-2, unless lightning does indeed strike twice
Junior24
3/12/07 1:22:05PM
I've always like the Arona fought, so Im looking fwd to him getting back in the ring. This should be a good fight if it gets past the 1st or 2nd minute. I predict Arona w/a TKO of some sort? I think Arona has more skills all around, plus he is an underated striker. His key to success will to get Sokoudjou to the ground I thinkg.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/12/07 2:31:29PM
Souk is really atheletic and is great on the ground like Arona. I think Arona will take it but these days its so hard to judge bouts especially in PRIDE
Stickan
3/12/07 5:53:22PM
Arona by sub rd.1... then again that's what I predicted Lil Nog would win by...
Ydoc
3/12/07 6:12:48PM
That's awful match making, he should be fighting James Lee. Why put out a lit match like Sok and insult Arona at the same time?
teamquestnorth
3/12/07 6:26:56PM
awesome matchup if sokoudjou wins this is he "legit"?
Huckit
3/12/07 6:39:47PM

Posted by greshamfighter

awesome matchup if sokoudjou wins this is he "legit"?

depends how he performs getting his win. arona will chop him down with legkicks and GnP him out
Stickan
3/12/07 6:45:51PM
I think Sok has the better legkicks. I just hope Arona keeps his chin down for once and doesn't get too cocky on the feet. He should look for the takedown as soon as the fight starts.
loller90278
3/12/07 6:49:24PM
i'll take 2-1 odds on soku

your 200 on my 100 ?
JimiMak
3/12/07 8:13:55PM
Arona should prob'ly have it, but I HOPE Sok shows some real skill... or that it looks like another lightning strike. I just don't like watching Ricardo fight (most of the time)
Stickan
3/12/07 8:35:50PM

Posted by loller90278

i'll take 2-1 odds on soku

your 200 on my 100 ?

Sure! As soon as I got my millions from the next UFN and UFC 69 I'll make sure to wager with you.

btw. UFC should spread out their events a little better..
teamquestnorth
3/12/07 9:01:29PM
how come we cant bet on this event if its on april 9th they already have ufc 70 for gods sakes
loller90278
3/12/07 9:29:29PM
theres no confirmed fights, just fighters.
hippysmacker
3/13/07 10:20:56PM
I guess he reallly could be that good , but I have't seen enough positive things from him to think he warrants this fight. One upset doesn't make him a contender iMO. I really think they are doing him and themselves a disservice if they do this. They should let the guy grow, build him up, and see what he make himself against a little lower competition . The james Lee idea makes sense to me. He could be something great, or it was just a puncher's chance KO. If he really does have the potential for greatness, this could hamper his longterm success IMO. Arona is a monster, I know Sokodjuo's a stud Judoka,but I don't see him winning. Lightning rarely strikes twice, but if it does this guy could be something great. I don't see it happening though
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/13/07 11:57:50PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I guess he reallly could be that good , but I have't seen enough positive things from him to think he warrants this fight. One upset doesn't make him a contender iMO. I really think they are doing him and themselves a disservice if they do this. They should let the guy grow, build him up, and see what he make himself against a little lower competition . The james Lee idea makes sense to me. He could be something great, or it was just a puncher's chance KO. If he really does have the potential for greatness, this could hamper his longterm success IMO. Arona is a monster, I know Sokodjuo's a stud Judoka,but I don't see him winning. Lightning rarely strikes twice, but if it does this guy could be something great. I don't see it happening though

I agree, but since when does PRIDES matchup ever make any sense?

often times PRIDE throws new fighters to the wolves.
ffforgottenx
3/14/07 9:30:23AM
source: tatame.com

In exclusive conversation with site TATAME, Ricardo Arona said that wants to revenge his team mate Rogério Minotouro, because of his defeat at last Pride Las Vegas for the athlete Thierry Sokoudjou. “I asked to face him. Minotouro is like my brother, I want to revenge him, I want to see how it will be against this guy”, said the BTT athlete, who also commented the bout of his mate Minotouro: “Minotouro was surprised. He didn’t have enough time to show his game. Sokoudjou was pretty clever and I think he already knew Minotouro’s blow”.

About the Wanderlei Silva’s defeat for Dan Henderson, Arona said that this is already the past. “I already won two times at my opinion. Now I will just fight him if he has this belt again or in some GP accidentally”, said Arona, who also said who he wants to face now: “I really want to face Dan Henderson and Shogun. But if I have the opportunity to dispute the belt of the category until 93kg, I would like to face Henderson , because I already defeated him. But I think Paulão is the man at the category until 83kg”, finished him.
roman
3/14/07 11:07:03AM

Posted by JoeMimic

I've got a feeling lightning won't strike twice....Sokoudjou will be a huge underdog yet again.

I agree, but hell that was one hell of an upset so anything is possible. I definitley wanna see if it was a fluke or if this guy is the real deal.