RUMOR: Rampage Wand 3 possibly set for UFC91.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » RUMOR: Rampage Wand 3 possibly set for UFC91.
Believe-in-judo81
9/13/08 2:43:10AM
Don't get TOO excited, but I pulled this off of MMA Canada's website.

"Sources have told us at MMACanada.net that Rampage Jackson will fight Wanderlei Silva at UFC 91 which is headlined by Randy Couture vs Brock Lesnar for the UFC Heavyweight Championship on November 15th in Las Vegas. This will mark the third fight between Jackson and Silva since last meeting twice in the PRIDE organization. Both fighters have changed their training around since leaving PRIDE and this will be one fight that has “FIGHT OF THE YEAR” written all over it."

So far as I know Zuffa has made no official announcement but if this is true that's a huge fight and makes this a definite must see card. It' would be cool to see this fight sooner rather than later but Page looked out of shape and Unfocused in his last fight, and his leg might still be a bit wonky. If his head's on straight and he's healthy and Wanderlei is prepared for this fight (everyone and their brother knows he wants it) I'd hope it's true and we see them there.
Wolfenstein
9/13/08 3:13:16AM
I've heard a lt about this fight happening. I'm thinking to myself, why can't one of these guys replace Thiago Silva. Anyways...Rampage really shouldn't take this fight. He sucks against muay thai fighters. It's a fight I just can't see Page winning.
Taylor8766
9/13/08 8:06:02AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I've heard a lt about this fight happening. I'm thinking to myself, why can't one of these guys replace Thiago Silva. Anyways...Rampage really shouldn't take this fight. He sucks against muay thai fighters. It's a fight I just can't see Page winning.

I agree I would love to see Wandy/Machida I think it would be a great fight, also with that you could possibly set up a rematch between Rampage and Shogun.
prozacnation1978
9/13/08 11:23:52AM
this is pretty much a done deal
the card is pretty lousy alot of tuf people and fight nights fights
looks like main card will be

ken flo vs stevenson
couture vs lesnar
rampage vs wandy
gonzaga vs hendricks
mccory vs hazelett

other 6 fights suck