Rumor: Mir NOT Fighting At UFC 86

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rumor: Mir NOT Fighting At UFC 86
DCRage
4/24/08 1:12:48PM
UFC recently confirmed several more bouts for the UFC 86 undercard. Not among them was Frank Mir vs. Justin McCully, which in fact is now completely off the card, with rumors being it'll happen at 85 or Mir may get a TUF 8 coaching spot and a shot at Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira afterrwards.

Article
prozacnation1978
4/24/08 1:15:57PM
that sucks for me since i will be there in vegas, it does make sense though, they better add another main card fight,
xphycorx
4/24/08 1:27:23PM
i really don't know if mir deserves a title shot. he beat brock lesnar, big deal. i like mir a lot, but i think he needs to get a couple more wins before a title shot. i realize though, that the heavyweight division in the ufc is pretty weak.
hodge
4/24/08 1:49:57PM
Still not worthy of a main event
casey64
4/24/08 1:54:18PM

Posted by xphycorx

i really don't know if mir deserves a title shot. he beat brock lesnar, big deal. i like mir a lot, but i think he needs to get a couple more wins before a title shot. i realize though, that the heavyweight division in the ufc is pretty weak.

Do agree with what you say, he needs to win some more!!!
wrona666
4/24/08 2:18:05PM
I Agree that a title shot is not quite deserving, but i would rather see that fight then NOG vs Herring again which is probably their only other real option at this point...
aaa9erh8er
4/24/08 2:21:26PM
id like to see mir vs hearing and the winner of that gets a title shot.
altho im not sure either of them deserve one even with that victory. but i would like to see mir fight nog ive wanted to see it for a while
therionace
4/24/08 2:49:06PM
he's only beat one top ten that being sylvia.

if it wasn't for breaking sylvia's arm, i doubt he would get the attention he garners from us fans.
Tein_Lung
4/24/08 2:55:01PM
Mir is on a 3 right winnign streak... who else in teh UFC in HW is doing that... no-one... UFC is starving for HWs and its been said that Mir and Nog are the coached for Tuf 8 and that is filming right now how ever its not "offical" that they are the coaches only that its currently fliming
clintjack
4/24/08 3:32:50PM
The fight is still on the fantasy picks page.
coldchillin
4/24/08 4:47:28PM
well I would rather see Dan Henderson and Rich Franklin as the next TUF coaches... Big NOG and Mir should really do a good job of being coaches and Mir is marketable right now after his win over Lesnar. It gives the Heavyweight Division time to settle itself out, the Vera-Werdum winner should get the Minotauro-Mir winner.

Mir-McCully made no sense whatsoever... I would like to see either Cain Velasquez or Eddie Sanchez fight McCully at 86.

I think Kongo was in next in line for a shot but blew it by losing to Herring.
Ben_Hutch
4/24/08 5:26:16PM
I reckon Mir will be fighting at UFC 85
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
4/24/08 5:35:51PM
fine by me the Mir-vs- mccully fight wasn't too interesting anyway
I like Mir-vs Herring though
Ben_Hutch
4/24/08 5:43:56PM
As long as i get a decent main event i'll be happy, i havent spent all that money on a ticket for nothing lol.
mrliquid
4/24/08 6:31:47PM
i'll be very happy if Mir fights a better guy I want to see him tested against some better competition
jae_1833
4/24/08 7:36:25PM
Not another title defense delayed for TUF!!?? NO!!!