Rumor: Manny Gamburyan vs. Nate Mohr in December

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Rumor: Manny Gamburyan vs. Nate Mohr in December
POLL: Winner?
Manny 94% (16)
Nate 6% (1)
Twenty20Dollars
11/5/07 7:24:20AM
link

Rumors are swirling that Manny Gamburyan, the runner-up on The Ultimate Fighter 5, will return to the UFC in December at UFC 79 to take on Nate Mohr in a lightweight bout. It is unknown if agreements for the fight have been signed.

Gamburyan (5-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) entered The Ultimate Fighter 5 with a 5-1 record with his only defeat being a decision loss to future UFC Lightweight Champion Sean Sherk. On the show he defeated Noah Thomas, Matt Wiman, and Joe Lauzon to advance to the finals of the 16-man lightweight tournament. On the finale of the show Gamburyan won the first round of the fight but lost to Nate Diaz after dislocating his shoulder on an attempted takedown. The injury resulted in lengthy medical suspension though he will be cleared in time for the December fight.

Mohr (8-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC) started his career with a 3-3 mark but won 4 consecutive fights to earn a UFC contract. In his debut he was topped by Kurt Pellegrino but rebounded at UFC Fight Night 10 in June with a unanimous decision win over Luke Caudillo.

UFC 79 is headlined by a Welterweight Championship showdown between current champion Matt Serra and former champion and challenger Matt Hughes. The long-anticipated showdown between Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva is the co-main event.
ohiostate1016
11/5/07 7:52:37AM
Manny is a bull, and it's always good to see more and more LW fights on each card. They tend to be the best. I don't see Manny beating him by KO/submission, but I think he'll grind out a 3-round win in an excititng fight. Manny is becoming one of my favorite fighters.
KYGUY07
11/5/07 9:11:25AM
manny will get him down and get a stoppage quickly i say the fight lasts maybe 3 minutes.
fedorwins1
11/5/07 9:33:13AM
Horrible style matchup for Mohr. Manny will take him down at will and GNP to a stoppage.
Scott_Revels
11/5/07 6:14:41PM
Manny by GNP in the second..