Rumor: Fedor vs. Yvel - Oct 6 - Bodog, I call BS.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Rumor: Fedor vs. Yvel - Oct 6 - Bodog, I call BS.
LR
8/28/07 3:16:30PM
Looks like Yvel is kidding to me:
http://dnevnik.hr/naslovnica/vijesti/sport/20070827_24151_67161.php

LOL, Fedor by killing, 1st round.
juanez13
8/28/07 3:40:07PM
lol, ye Cmill posted this video before, and i heard yvel say that, but he also said it might be in canada, fedor in canada? i would defenately go, but i wouldnt be surprised if its true, because The UFC seems to be on and off with fedor, although i would rather see fedor in the UFC, i would just as happy for him to fight anywhere soon......

Yvel has a chance.......Until the fight starts!!!!!! j/k , i think this would be an action packed fight, but yvel is still to much one dimensional, y say fedor by brutal GnP, i can see this fight being sort of like Fedor vs gary goodgridge..
richieb19
8/28/07 3:46:34PM

Posted by juanez13

Yvel has a chance.......Until the fight starts!!!!!! j/k , i think this would be an action packed fight, but yvel is still to much one dimensional, y say fedor by brutal GnP, i can see this fight being sort of like Fedor vs gary goodgridge..

Yvel definately has the advantage standing, but if and when it goes to the ground he's screwed... and no, it won't go like the Big Daddy fight, Gary actually often stands up and guards (way too much), and thats why Fedor overwhelmed him.
juanez13
8/28/07 3:54:33PM

Posted by richieb19

Yvel definately has the advantage standing, but if and when it goes to the ground he's screwed... and no, it won't go like the Big Daddy fight, Gary actually often stands up and guards (way too much), and thats why Fedor overwhelmed him.

yes thats true, but fedor tends to stay where the fight doesnt go in his favor sometimes, i think to prove that he is better in every aspect of the game, sort of like he did Mirko, he stood there toe to toe with him knowin that there was a chance that he could get caught any time, he never takes the safe.....but yvel is very dangerous standing, not like mirko (who tends to throw one or two puch and than gets out), but i still think fedor would take this fight once it hits the canvas...
LR
8/28/07 4:00:48PM
I don't think Yvel has a prayer standing. Fedor's standup game is so underrated by the MMA community, it's ridiculous. He manhandled CroCop in the standup game, CroCop got maybe 2-3 punches in, and nearly caught Fedor with a head kick, but after the first round, he basically punched CroCop's face in and made him gas. He pushes the tempo against strikers, and that's what he'd do to Yvel.
fedorwins1
8/28/07 4:03:18PM
I doubt they'll fight, I know they've both trained together alittle bit. Hopefully this isn't true, I still want Fedor to shock the casual fans if he goes to the UFC.
LR
8/28/07 4:16:21PM
I doubt it's true, but I thought it was an interesting interview, although Yvel laughs a bit about it, so not sure what the deal is.
loonytnt
8/28/07 4:49:59PM
ive nvr really seen fedor fight i wanna see his next fight
fedorwins1
8/28/07 4:57:47PM

Posted by loonytnt

ive nvr really seen fedor fight i wanna see his next fight

Look him up on dailymotion.com you can probably find a good HL of his.
Jackelope
8/28/07 5:15:30PM
I dunno, I think if anybody's got a chance at Fedor it's going to be a striker.

Not saying I think Yvel would win, but there is always that chance of someone catching a kick or a punch and going down. I just don't see anybody out there right now gaming Fedor on the ground. If Big Nog couldn't, who could?
cmill21
8/28/07 5:55:00PM
Nog has said in interviews, theres only two people who can beat fedor, I agree with him. I don't think Yvel can win this fight unless he Ko's him quick. The person who beats him is going to have to be incredible in one or more aspects, and they'll have to keep fedor in their world. Yvel does fit the bill, but he's not going to be able to keep fedor in his world.
Jackelope
8/28/07 5:56:02PM

Posted by cmill21

Nog has said in interviews, theres only two people who can beat fedor, I agree with him. I don't think Yvel can win this fight unless he Ko's him quick. The person who beats him is going to have to be incredible in one or more aspects, and they'll have to keep fedor in their world. Yvel does fit the bill, but he's not going to be able to keep fedor in his world.

Mirko and Minotauro?
richieb19
8/28/07 6:31:30PM

Posted by LR

I don't think Yvel has a prayer standing. Fedor's standup game is so underrated by the MMA community, it's ridiculous. He manhandled CroCop in the standup game, CroCop got maybe 2-3 punches in, and nearly caught Fedor with a head kick, but after the first round, he basically punched CroCop's face in and made him gas. He pushes the tempo against strikers, and that's what he'd do to Yvel.

Funny you should say that, considering Yvel is easily the most underrated striker in MMA.
LR
8/29/07 9:36:01AM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by LR

Funny you should say that, considering Yvel is easily the most underrated striker in MMA.

I don't consider him underrated. Almost everyone knows who is involved in MMA that he is a very good striker, ie. Crocop has him training with him. But as far as Fedor goes, the MMA community discussions always throw in the fact that Fedor's standup is weak. Where's the proof of that? There isn't any.