Rumor: Clay Guida Vs. Nate Diaz At TUF 8

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rumor: Clay Guida Vs. Nate Diaz At TUF 8
Porch28
10/3/08 9:44:10PM
According to the rumors section at MMAWeekly.com, a bout between Clay Guida and Nate Diaz could be on taps for The Ultimate Fighter 8 finale on December 13th that will air live on Spike TV. LINK
mauladala
10/3/08 9:57:51PM

According to the rumors section at MMAWeekly.com, a bout between Clay Guida and Nate Diaz could be on taps for The Ultimate Fighter 8 finale on December 13th that will air live on Spike TV. LINK

not tryin to be an ass, but ur link goes to MMANews, not MMAWeekly.

If it's true, I'm excited! That will make for a GREAT fight.
MALICE
10/3/08 10:17:53PM

Posted by mauladala
not tryin to be an ass, but ur link goes to MMANews, not MMAWeekly.

The link is to an article on MMANews. But it states in the article, that the rumor came from MMAWeekly.

This will be a fast paced fight. Guida could give Diaz his 1st loss in the UFC. But it's risky picking against Nate. Guida UD for now. probably change to Diaz later.
MMAcca
10/3/08 11:00:46PM
Nate via TRIANGLE after taking punishment for 2 rounds
bojangalz
10/3/08 11:02:19PM

Posted by MMAcca

Sounds about right
RMFG_187
10/3/08 11:11:06PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by MMAcca

Sounds about right

Nate via Guillotine round 1.

Ive noticed Guida leaves his head open on his takedowns.
Twenty20Dollars
10/3/08 11:56:55PM
i usually never pick against nick or nate diaz but i might in their next fights.

I think guida could grind out diaz but diaz could pull out a fast submission.

So i might pick guida and eddie to beat nate and nick.
imanidiot777
10/4/08 12:30:59AM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by MMAcca

Sounds about right

Nate via Guillotine round 1.

Ive noticed Guida leaves his head open on his takedowns.

His hair is too big to get anything around his head or neck lol.
gartface
10/4/08 1:06:49AM
Might be too frenetic of a pace for Diaz. It'll be interesting to see though. If it happens, it'll be a great fight.
mrkennedy
10/4/08 1:59:06AM

Posted by MMAcca

diaz as no chance guida will do what he want in this fight

WAR GUIDA WAR

EDIT:Guida by domination
Mchubb316
10/4/08 2:19:20AM
Yeah, I can see Guida in Nate's guard and punching himself into a triangle. Should be a good fight.
slapshot
10/4/08 3:21:11AM
If they book this fight it will be just another win for Nate and to tell the truth Nate should dominate on the ground and be able to sub Guida with relitive ease, the only up side to this fight is that Clay might be smart enough to realize his ONLY hope to win this fight is to keep it standing and out strike Nate, I dont think he can but it might make for a closer fight.

I seriously see some hugging going on in this thread because Clay Guida is one of my favorite fighters to watch but I don't think he stands much of a chance with Nate...
prozacnation1978
10/4/08 3:36:43AM
great fight i have no clue who to pick yet
ufcboss
10/4/08 5:38:40AM
Nate should be able to get a sub, Guida is very aggresive, But imo that will be his downfall, He will just get caught in something....

But, This is the 1st Diaz fight where im not 100% confident in him, Guida is a warrior.

WAR DIAZ.....
MMAcca
10/4/08 6:27:47AM

Posted by ufcboss

Guida is very aggresive, But imo that will be his downfall, He will just get caught in something....

jakeiceman
10/4/08 7:25:08AM
Everyone is talking like Guida is prone to submissions, he does have a few losses on his record by submission but he is no slouch or a gimme on the ground.

Bottom line is that he is going to be too much for Diaz to handle, plain and simple

Guida will push that pace and smash Diaz for 3 rounds. He might not finish but he is going to win.
slapshot
10/4/08 12:28:10PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Everyone is talking like Guida is prone to submissions, he does have a few losses on his record by submission but he is no slouch or a gimme on the ground.

They talk like that for a very good reason, Nate Diaz is out there submitting BJJ black belts and making guys with some real solid ground games look silly.

Posted by jakeiceman Bottom line is that he is going to be too much for Diaz to handle, plain and simple
Too much how? size, reach and strength are with Diaz although it counts for less in a MMA fight than boxing.

Guida is a G&P Fighter with "some" not the best but "some" boxing skills, are you trying to tell me that he will just take Nate down at will and pound on him? First of all who knows if he can even get Nate down and second if he dose he's more at risk on the ground than Diaz is, Nate should win the scrambles and be able to sub clay who likes to leave his arms out there.

Even in fights where Nate is not outscoring his opponent he hits them a few times and what do they do>? They either try and take him down or get it to the ground, nobody has been willing to just stand and trade with Nate for three rounds and I question if clay even could do so.

However, the stand up its much closer of a fight and I can see clay winning the first round because Nate takes his time. but as the fight goes on IF this stay standing I would expect Nate to KO him in the late second early third.

Posted by jakeiceman will push that pace and smash Diaz for 3 rounds. He might not finish but he is going to win.

Bottom line is that any place he trys to push the pace Nate will be the better fighter and like a poster said if he gets over zealous he wont be able to shake loose of one of Nate's subs and I sure as shit dont see him winning the stand up.

Take all this with a grain of salt as I am a nut loving Diaz fan but who has Clay beat exactly? His record in the UFC is horrible even though his fights are all entertaining.
nickcuc547
10/4/08 1:12:31PM
guida has good sub defense, he stayed out of aurellio's sub game, diaz is similar to him. i like guida by decision, but he's going to be playing with fire the entire fight because nate ridiculous off his back.
DoTheMMAth
10/4/08 2:11:53PM
Great matchup, can't wait to see it go down
Jackelope
10/4/08 2:59:32PM
It's definitely a good matchup, but unfortunately Guida's game plays right into Diaz's.

Guida is by far one of my favorite fighters to watch but pounding on Diaz from guard is a bad idea.
tarantula
10/4/08 5:58:58PM
Wow this will be a kick ass fight, but I'd have to say Nate via KO in the third round. Nate is out to box his opponants as he stated after his last fight. So Guida is out for another loss.
kurt-2112
10/5/08 12:34:20AM
This fight is so good, i see Diaz via triangle choke. he throes his legs up so easily. this fight should be very good.
coldchillin
10/5/08 2:10:14AM
I think a fight between Nate Diaz and Roger Huerta would be a much bigger fight to put on right now. I could see Diaz and Huerta really hyping that fight up.

I would rather see Guida fight the Sherk-Griffin loser... probably Tyson Griffin in a rematch so he could get the win that the judges stole from him.
ziegler3334
10/5/08 4:17:34PM
this is going to be a great fight. two of the more exciting fighters in the ufc.

i have to go with diaz; guida seems to be more concerned with fighting hard than winning, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, but does leave him open for.........a triangle.

Diaz, rd 3, sub

and his next fight will be even more exciting: diaz v huerta
tooly236
10/5/08 6:35:53PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by ufcboss

Guida is very aggresive, But imo that will be his downfall, He will just get caught in something....

Exactly what I was thinking, flailing his arms in the guard the whole time will get him caught in something
slapshot
10/7/08 2:34:19AM

Posted by coldchillin

I think a fight between Nate Diaz and Roger Huerta would be a much bigger fight to put on right now. I could see Diaz and Huerta really hyping that fight up.

I would rather see Diaz vs Kenflo but Huerta works..
Amigop
10/13/08 12:31:44AM

Posted by coldchillin

I would rather see Guida fight the Sherk-Griffin loser... probably Tyson Griffin in a rematch so he could get the win that the judges stole from him.

bigbubbano23
10/13/08 2:08:58AM
guida is still gonna wreck nate though. prolly win by decision but i would like to see a tko.
PeteD
10/13/08 9:10:58PM
Guida's intensity will be too much for him. Nate has a great sub game but I see Clay pushing such a furious pace that Nate just can't keep up.

Guida via 2nd round (T)KO or Unanimous Decision
jgtribbett
10/14/08 12:52:35AM

Posted by MMAcca

word.. i agree hahaha.