Rumor: Cain/Bigfoot & JDS/Reem in May

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rumor: Cain/Bigfoot & JDS/Reem in May
FastKnockout
2/11/13 11:23:32PM
@arielhelwani @danawhite just told us in The Temple Bar.. Cain v Big Foot and JDS v Reem in May! You heard it here first! #DanasInDublin

Link
Budgellism
2/11/13 11:43:11PM
JDS/Reem makes me happy and is definitely the right move but Cain/Bigfoot II does very little for me. I'll be taking Cain by tko again if it does happen.
sparky
2/11/13 11:43:47PM

I was afraid of this.

I was hoping I didnt have to see Reem fight JDS. Deep down I knew it was coming but, I like them both to much to be happy about this match up
frizzzlecake
2/11/13 11:55:57PM
Sweet I wanted to see an encore of Raining Blood anyways!

Nighty night Reem!
prozacnation1978
2/12/13 12:19:44AM
Yay for me
July Vegas. Silva vs weidman

No interest in seeing another bloodbath in bigfoot
Jds vs reem sounds good
Lamas vs zombie probably as well
Travesty145
2/12/13 1:57:00AM
idk if u guys have heard but tank abbott is returning so this is all irrelevant cause theyre all fucked anyway
king_katool
2/12/13 2:36:34AM

Posted by Travesty145

idk if u guys have heard but tank abbott is returning so this is all irrelevant cause theyre all fucked anyway

40ouncetofreedom
2/12/13 8:51:34AM

Posted by Travesty145

No fucking way, Tank is back.Unless i missing your joke.

I love the Reem, But will most likely take JDS with a KO here.
postman
2/12/13 9:03:00AM
TANK IS BACK

After a three-year absence from fighting, Abbott (10-14) will face fellow heavyweight, Ruben “Warpath” Viallareal (20-25-3), in the headline fight. Tank Abbott is perhaps best known for his days in the early UFC tournaments and his more recent EliteXC fight against internet sensation, Kimbo Slice. Abbott’s last fight resulted in a 29-second KO of Mike Bourke in February of 2009. His opponent, Warpath, has fought some notable fighters such as Bas Rutten, current UFC top contender, Antonio “Big Foot” Silva, and former UFC stars, Don Fry and Dan Severns.
40ouncetofreedom
2/12/13 9:51:46AM

Posted by postman

TANK IS BACK

After a three-year absence from fighting, Abbott (10-14) will face fellow heavyweight, Ruben “Warpath” Viallareal (20-25-3), in the headline fight. Tank Abbott is perhaps best known for his days in the early UFC tournaments and his more recent EliteXC fight against internet sensation, Kimbo Slice. Abbott’s last fight resulted in a 29-second KO of Mike Bourke in February of 2009. His opponent, Warpath, has fought some notable fighters such as Bas Rutten, current UFC top contender, Antonio “Big Foot” Silva, and former UFC stars, Don Fry and Dan Severns.

I thought her meant Tank was going to fight in the UFC...
prozacnation1978
2/12/13 9:56:25AM
Ufc fight club forums the fights are looking more legit
With a announcement maybe this coming week

Like the fights but glad I waited for July instead even not knowing what card will be.
shaneTpain
2/12/13 1:35:35PM
I'd take a stroke if Bigfoot catches Cain
LightsOUT23
2/12/13 2:09:29PM
Looking forward to seeing this again ...

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
tcunningham
2/12/13 2:22:32PM
not excited for bigfoot/cain 2. cain is probably going to do pretty much the same thing he did last time. it'll probably end in the 2nd or 3rd but i dont see bigfoot getting anything done this time either.
postman
2/12/13 2:28:59PM

Posted by tcunningham

not excited for bigfoot/cain 2. cain is probably going to do pretty much the same thing he did last time. it'll probably end in the 2nd or 3rd but i dont see bigfoot getting anything done this time either.

Never know HW gets touched on the chin and anything can happen. I never thought I would see Big foot put the Reem to sleep either.
Budgellism
2/12/13 3:39:38PM

Posted by postman

Posted by tcunningham

Never know HW gets touched on the chin and anything can happen. I never thought I would see Big foot put the Reem to sleep either.

That's true. I can't see Cain acting that arrogant in the ring though to get himself in that position. Overeem was really asking to get KO'd with that performance.
jae_1833
2/12/13 6:02:02PM
I hoped he learned from it so we get to see the HW match up of the year!!
TheShaman
2/12/13 7:19:24PM
I would rather see Bigfoot face the Mir/Cormier winner, with the winner of that facing the Werdum/Nogueira winner. That would leave Cain without an opponent for a long time though. Perhaps the Struve/Hunt winner can fill the space for Cain since they have "paid their dues" to the UFC by being with the organization longer.

That's what I would do given the timing of the fights that are already scheduled.

Bubbles
2/12/13 11:14:31PM

Posted by TheShaman

I would rather see Bigfoot face the Mir/Cormier winner, with the winner of that facing the Werdum/Nogueira winner.

why would you want to eliminate 2 potential title contenders in a fairly shallow division?
prozacnation1978
2/13/13 12:00:10AM
Well its official now
PricklyPear
2/13/13 10:03:34AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Well its official now

Yup. I don't see Cain/Bigfoot being any different the second time around. Junior should handle Reem much like Bigfoot did, except in the first round. Bigfoot should've had one more fight before fighting Cain again.
40ouncetpkid
2/15/13 6:43:22AM
I mean who else is there besides doing Cain vs Big Foot 2? Big Foot is clearly most deserving. Hunt and struve are the only people who come close but they havent really beaten anybody of note like Silva has destroying Browne & Overeem.
Cormier won't fight Cain and Werdum is on tuf Brazil 2 with Nog so were kinda stuck. But who knows this is MMA and after 2 brutal straight KO's maybe with some more confidence in his power all Big Foot needs is one punch! Plus after Cain got a rematch after what Dos Santos did to him only after one fight then you might as well do the same for Big Foot who has fought twice since losing to Cain and destroyed Overeem the next contender.

WARRRRR DOS SANTOS! Knock Overeem the hell out again!!!! Then get the triology on in the fall with Cain!
jay98107
2/17/13 3:37:51PM
More excited about the Reem/JDS fight than the title bout. Bigfoot earned this shot, given that nobody else in the division could justifiably get it, but has he really improved enough to avoid what Cain did against him the first time?
prozacnation1978
2/17/13 6:34:18PM
I think if werdum gets past big nog
He will face winner of Cain vs big foot in the fall
But if Cain loses and cormier wins. Cormier gets the nod