RUMOR FROM THE BEATDOWN!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » RUMOR FROM THE BEATDOWN!!!
pv3Hpv3p
3/21/07 3:36:20PM
This just in...

Reportedly, Sakikabara was in Brazil renegotiating contracts with Chutebox and BTT fighters, and...

Shogun has signed a new 4 fight contract... And get this...

2 fights for Pride

2 fights for UFC...

Holy shit...

Like I said just a rumor so far, but... Holy shit...

PS: Stated that Wandy turned down the same contract, in hopes of getting PPV shares like Chuck & Tito...

Once again, I say... Holy Shit!

source

If anyone has a better source, please list it... I haven't been able to listen because I am at work... So maybe someone can help clarify, but holy shit...
hippysmacker
3/21/07 9:46:16PM
Heard the same thing on the beatdown. Hope it true.I think in order to get the deal done Sakibara must have to secure contracts. Another great thing about this is it appears that they will still keep PRIDE running as a seperate company.
FBD
3/21/07 9:55:35PM
if its true, its amazing news. *jizz*
Gogoplata
3/21/07 11:05:21PM
So if Saki was in Brazil talking to BTT guys and signing Shogun, can we now lay the rumor that the Fertitta brothers have bought Pride to rest?
OchoCinco
3/21/07 11:41:30PM
If he signed for 2 fights with Pride and 2 for the UFC then the UFC must have brought Pride right. I hope this is true. Chuck vs Shogun!!!! Hey I'm aloud to dream.
Huckit
3/21/07 11:47:46PM
this means UFC has brought pride and Saki is just CEO
Infused
3/22/07 12:04:06AM
Another rumour from the beat down.

This is DONNY confimed, so it must be true.

UFC DID buy Pride 100% true. This comes directly from saki. Donny used the google translator, on the plane, to ask Saki in japenese if it was true. and Saki said YES!

Get that.
loller90278
3/22/07 12:20:56AM
please, noooo

sakiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii NO!
madmarck
3/22/07 7:29:26AM

Posted by OchoCinco

If he signed for 2 fights with Pride and 2 for the UFC then the UFC must have brought Pride right. I hope this is true. Chuck vs Shogun!!!! Hey I'm aloud to dream.

That was my first thought 2. Wonder who he would fihgt in each org.
IMO

Arona
Hendo

Jardine
Ortiz

Then he will fight Chuck on a big rich contract.
Gogoplata
3/22/07 1:13:55PM

Posted by Infused

UFC DID buy Pride 100% true. This comes directly from saki. Donny used the google translator, on the plane, to ask Saki in japenese if it was true. and Saki said YES!

Get that.

Source? I am not going to believe anything until Pride or UFC says anything themselves.
hippysmacker
3/22/07 1:35:49PM

Posted by Gogoplata

Posted by Infused

Get that.

Source? I am not going to believe anything until Pride or UFC says anything themselves.

Josh Gross said it on the beatdown radio show from Sherdog. I agree you shouldn't beleive any hyperbole from either side though
warglory
3/22/07 1:54:51PM
If Zuffa has purchased PRIDE, then this (hopefully) evidence that they are keeping the orgs seperate.
loller90278
3/22/07 4:12:24PM
i think www.allaboutmma.com states otherwise, they say shogun has denied all allegations about that contract with ufc.

doesn't UFC have strict contracts where you cant fight any where else?
that leaves 2 choices.

1. pride is sold
2. this rumor is false.

im wanting the latter
BloodandTears
3/22/07 6:31:40PM

Posted by Huckit

this means UFC has brought pride and Saki is just CEO

At-a-boy. Keep those rumors flyin