Rumor: Assuerio Silva vs Cheick Kongo - UFC70

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rumor: Assuerio Silva vs Cheick Kongo - UFC70
ffforgottenx
2/23/07 1:39:56PM
source

just found this one.. sounds like a good matchup to me, if it materializes.. kongo is a great striker but he had trouble against marrero.. i see this bout going alot like that one.. except for the fact that silva might be able to pull off a submission once it hits the ground.. id say his ground game is far more advanced than marrero's.. so looks like kongo may be in trouble unless he works on his sprawl and takedown defense..
JoeMimic
2/23/07 3:17:58PM
I like Assuerio; he likes to stand and bang a little bit and isn't afraid to goto the ground. Should be a decent matchup.
pv3Hpv3p
2/23/07 3:38:51PM
Assuerio isor was a Chutebox right???

I hope he goes in there and bangs with Kongo, could be a real sloberknocker...

But in all reality he will probably do the right thing and take Cheik down and sub him
hippysmacker
2/23/07 9:22:07PM
This could be a war if it stayed standing. I think if Kongo caught him once, they would go to the ground though and SIlva would sub him.
Zvonimir
2/23/07 9:30:37PM
This is a promising fight, I see it going like everyone else says. I don't see Assuerio going straight for the takedown, but if he is losing the stand up to Kongo, he will take him down and sub him. Kongo looked like a wrecking ball, until that Carmelo fight. He needs to learn how to sprawl, quickly.
Mantis
2/28/07 9:14:38PM
Im goin to say Assuerio Silva, just b.c he can take him down and submit him. Kongo has great strikes but Marrero was taking him down over and over again i don't remember Marreo trying to pull off any submissions. If Silva gets him on the ground its over for Kongo.
Ydoc
2/28/07 11:50:36PM
Hard one to call. Silva hasn't impressed me in a while and Donkey Kong is too 1 dimensional. Guess Silva if he can get the takedown.
ac_gi
3/1/07 3:01:42AM
IMO...
Silva will destroy the one dimensional Kongo. His two fights in the UFC were Vera and Big Timmy... you can't fault him for those losses.
aceprone
3/1/07 3:04:43AM

Posted by ac_gi

IMO...
Silva will destroy the one dimensional Kongo. His two fights in the UFC were Vera and Big Timmy... you can't fault him for those losses.

agreed. I just hope Kongo has been working on his sprawl. If he can stuff that take down, he'll be just fine. When we see him fight again, we'll see how much he has envolved. I just want a war!
gspfan31
3/1/07 3:15:24AM
kongo has a punchers chance, silva will take it to the ground and submit kongo