The Rumor Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Rumor Thread
Next Page »
cowcatcher
8/23/12 11:25:35AM
Because there's a rumor going around that Hendo is hurt I figure I'll start the rumor thread here for rumors about anything, be it MMA, or otherwise.

To clarify the Hendo rumor, there supposedly was a pic of him with a Stone Cold like knee brace on that led to a lot of talk on the net. Rumor has is that Sokoudjou hurt him in training. To add fuel to the fire, Tarec said he hadn't seen Dan since Saturday after Dan tweeted that he just finished training with the boys. KenFlo also mentioned on his twitter than an upcoming card would need a new main event and that fans would be unhappy. It's only a rumor, take it for what it's worth.
KingCmb
8/23/12 11:30:32AM
why did you have to go ahead and ruin my life like that
cowcatcher
8/23/12 11:32:52AM
Better me than someone else.

FrontRowBrian is saying that Hendo is going to fight regardless, we'll see what happens. Something official is going to get released about this in the next day or two.
airkerma
8/23/12 11:36:19AM
I saw you posting that earlier, good idea making it's own thread. If it really is Jones vs Hendo going down the tubes, the UFC can kiss PPV buys goodbye. I don't think most people will sport 50$ to watch Berger vs Heiron. IMO, the only obvious replacement would have to be Anderson Silva
cowcatcher
8/23/12 11:38:52AM
SI article

Dan Henderson ‘happy’ despite rumors of withdrawal from UFC 151 due to knee injury

Mixed Martial Arts fighter Dan “Hendo” Henderson is reportedly continuing to train for UFC 151 in September despite rumors that he will drop out of the fight because of a knee injury.

Henderson is scheduled to fight against the up-and-coming Jon Jones in the pay-per-view main event at The Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Sept. 1. The fight is for the “Bones” 205-pound title.

According to a report Thursday morning from MMA blog CageFighter.com, the rumor is that Henderson injured his knee in a grappling exercise with MMA fighter Thierry Sokoudjou on Wednesday:

Henderson returned from the doctors office with a leg brace securing the injury. [H]enderson also reportedly has not been approved for his TRT exemption as of now.

UFC fighter Tarec Saffiedine tweeted on Thursday that he hadn’t seen Henderson since his own fight for Strikeforce earlier in August.

But, despite all of the rumors and speculation on Twitter, “Dangerous Dan” is still training.

He took to Twitter just after midnight on Thursday, shortly after Saffiedine said he hadn’t seen him, to say he just finished a training session with a number of UFC fighters, including Saffiedine. Henderson also said in the early hours of Thursday morning that he is “getting worked on” by Mariah Villalobos, an extreme sports massage therapist, and is finishing the day “happy.”

UFC president Dana White has been mum on the rumor, so the fight will continue as scheduled for Sept. 1.
grappler0000
8/23/12 11:49:33AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Henderson also said in the early hours of Thursday morning that he is “getting worked on” by Mariah Villalobos, an extreme sports massage therapist, and is finishing the day “happy.”

Nothing a happy ending can't take care of, apparently.
george112
8/23/12 11:51:29AM
It pains me to read this

My heart still wants Dan to fight even with the injury. But my head is telling me he needs to just recover.

His age is undeniable and I'm sure it will take his body longer then some to recover

Hope everything turns out alright
kopower
8/23/12 12:02:20PM
We all know this is a rumor. C'Mon, Soko doesn't know how to grapple.
Shawn91111
8/23/12 12:43:54PM
@arielhelwani UFC just announced that @danawhite will hold a conference call at 2 pm ET regarding the fate of UFC 151. Stay tuned.
Shawn91111
8/23/12 12:47:01PM
Ahh Matt Lindland

Matt Lindland ?@mattlindland
that right Dan never lies RT @MattHawryluk94 It was, then Hendo tweeted that he just finished a great workout, so we assume he's alright.
grappler0000
8/23/12 12:57:29PM
Maybe Chael will step in
prophecy033
8/23/12 1:26:50PM

Posted by grappler0000

Maybe Chael will step in

He would keep interest up, that's for sure
cowcatcher
8/23/12 1:36:25PM

Posted by grappler0000

Maybe Chael will step in

I thought about this too, but it would be a real shame if he didn't have at least a few weeks to hype the fight, we'd just miss out on too much gold.

My thought for the possible replacement is Machida - he's always training and doesn't have to cut much if any weight, on top of being next in line. I would love to see Chael step in for Dan though, it just makes for a great story.
grappler0000
8/23/12 1:44:04PM
Yeah, Machida is the more logical choice...assuming they are willing to pay Anderson Silva money
cowcatcher
8/23/12 1:45:35PM
Especially when you factor in that he's faced Jones before so he doesn't need to dedicate a ton of time to his opponent's specifics.
prophecy033
8/23/12 1:48:48PM
On a side note, Rumor has it that Adele SUCKS!!!!
airkerma
8/23/12 1:48:49PM

Posted by grappler0000

Yeah, Machida is the more logical choice...assuming they are willing to pay Anderson Silva money

But will Jones settle for Machida vs Jones PPV money? (obviously Dana will sweeten the deal somewhere)
cowcatcher
8/23/12 1:54:41PM
Gus might be an interesting fill in too, but I don't know that that would happen. About 5 minutes until we find out.
danclarke1992
8/23/12 2:02:39PM
frontrowbrian just said on twitter that the fight has been cancelled. machida turned down the fight with jones, sonnen accepted but jones turned sonnen down
prophecy033
8/23/12 2:02:40PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Gus might be an interesting fill in too, but I don't know that that would happen. About 5 minutes until we find out.

hey CC, as soon as you find out can you post in here....I'm working and I'm kinda outta the loop
cowcatcher
8/23/12 2:04:21PM
Card is scrapped, Jones is fighting Machida at the Canada card.
grappler0000
8/23/12 2:06:58PM
Dana's putting his foot in his mouth.
prophecy033
8/23/12 2:17:16PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Card is scrapped, Jones is fighting Machida at the Canada card.

The whole thing? WTF
Bubbles
8/23/12 7:20:48PM

Posted by prophecy033

meh shes tolerable. I have more respect for her than almost all of her pop tart counterparts
Bubbles
8/23/12 7:24:16PM
Rumor has it that Avril Lavigne is preggers with Chad Kroeger's baby. Early speculation shows that this could be their child in 20 years

Gogoplatapus
8/23/12 7:32:36PM

Posted by prophecy033

Adele is fucking awesome, period.
MMAcca
8/24/12 1:16:12AM
I heard a rumour that Jon Jones conducts himself with honour and integrity
lohmann
8/24/12 1:54:24AM

Posted by Bubbles

Rumor has it that Avril Lavigne is preggers with Chad Kroeger's baby.

If talent is genetic, that child will have the highest-rated reality TV show in history.
Bubbles
8/24/12 7:46:47AM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Bubbles

Rumor has it that Avril Lavigne is preggers with Chad Kroeger's baby.

If talent is genetic, that child will have the highest-rated reality TV show in history.

I don't know if anything can top Jersey Shore
prozacnation1978
8/25/12 6:20:38PM
Rumor has it that this guy named prozacnation went ape Shit on the Ufc fight club forum the other day asking for
A straight out apology from the Ufc to all fight club members who were gonna attend the event
And ask that each fight club member get a free one year renewal from the Ufc fight club for the inconvenience
Pages: [1] 2