Rumble vs The Phenom 142!!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rumble vs The Phenom 142!!!!!
Poor_Franklin
11/1/11 3:05:49PM
My friend just called me & told me he read it on twitter....the only sites i see that discuss it are in portuguese. Can anyone confirm the rumor?

If it's true, im glad Rumble is going to a weight class he can consistently make weight for, but Vitor seems like a pretty tall order after just moving up.

edit: here's the link mmaweekly
im going to go ahead & take the word rumor off the thread title.
emfleek
11/1/11 3:08:29PM
I saw this on Wiki yesterday. I don't buy it.
emfleek
11/1/11 3:09:18PM

Posted by emfleek

I saw this on Wiki yesterday. I don't buy it.

Scratch this. MMAWeekly is reporting it. Rumble/Vitor at UFC 142 in Brazil.
Chael_Sonnen
11/1/11 3:16:06PM
Me like

War Rumble
FastKnockout
11/1/11 3:28:28PM
You're kidding, right? Let's get it, Rumble!
Pookie
11/1/11 3:41:07PM
Belfort by blowout.
Poor_Franklin
11/1/11 3:42:06PM
Pookie, suddenly, i don't feel so bad about my av anymore
hashyandy4
11/1/11 3:47:22PM
This is a great Fight, rite now im leaning toward Vitor
Twenty20Dollars
11/1/11 3:53:47PM
This was posted on the UFC twitter and on their ufc fight card page.

It's on.

Vitor takes it with his speed. Glad to see Rumble going to MW though.
Theoutlaw08
11/1/11 4:47:01PM
I think this is a good career move for Rumble. It will be easier for him to make weight at every fight. It is more of a natural weight class for him....with that said.....hes probably going to get welcomed to the MW division by getting KO'd
bigrand826
11/1/11 4:47:13PM
I'm not sure what to think about this. My gut feeling is that this is a favorable fight for Belfort. It makes me wonder about the match-making with him. He fought Franklin at catchweight, caught him behind the ear and got a title shot despite not having a single fight at MW in the UFC. Then he got Akiyama who had lost 2 in a row. Now he is getting a guy who hadn't even reached WW contender status quite yet and will be making his MW debut. I understand that MW is one of the thinner divisions, Belfort was without a fight, and he is a star in Brazil, but wouldn't someone like Stann or maybe Belcher make more sense? Eh, I should just enjoy the matchup and quit being negative.
Pookie
11/1/11 4:53:32PM

Posted by bigrand826

I'm not sure what to think about this. My gut feeling is that this is a favorable fight for Belfort. It makes me wonder about the match-making with him. He fought Franklin at catchweight, caught him behind the ear and got a title shot despite not having a single fight at MW in the UFC. Then he got Akiyama who had lost 2 in a row. Now he is getting a guy who hadn't even reached WW contender status quite yet and will be making his MW debut. I understand that MW is one of the thinner divisions, Belfort was without a fight, and he is a star in Brazil, but wouldn't someone like Stann or maybe Belcher make more sense? Eh, I should just enjoy the matchup and quit being negative.

i think they're doing this as a tactic to expand on their future options, rather than to deduce(totally used wrong) a rightful #1 contender. I think they are avoiding having the established top contenders fight each other, so with a little bit of luck, a new title contender will appear. Rather than thinning out their ranks and establishing a firm Hierarchy, which in of itself leads to stagnation in the division. Like Jon Fitch at WW, or Franklin at MW.

Pookie
11/1/11 4:55:29PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Pookie, suddenly, i don't feel so bad about my av anymore

I bet the one on the right feels like she's top shit.
prophecy033
11/1/11 5:49:53PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Me like

War Rumble

Rumbles going
bigrand826
11/1/11 6:34:57PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by bigrand826

i think they're doing this as a tactic to expand on their future options, rather than to deduce(totally used wrong) a rightful #1 contender. I think they are avoiding having the established top contenders fight each other, so with a little bit of luck, a new title contender will appear. Rather than thinning out their ranks and establishing a firm Hierarchy, which in of itself leads to stagnation in the division. Like Jon Fitch at WW, or Franklin at MW.

Yeah, I understand that is likely why they are doing it. I just get tired of it sometimes because it takes away from the sport aspect of it when contenders are determined with matchups where one guy is way down the ladder from the other. I understand that entertainment has a huge role in this sport, as does schedule, but I just don't like when a guy beats one person in the top 10 of a division and gets a title shot (just a generalization to illustrate my point).
Chael_Sonnen
11/1/11 7:49:01PM
Watch Rumble miss weight
sbulldavid
11/1/11 9:10:45PM
I think it's a win-win situation for the UFC no matter who wins this match, I'm leaning towards Rumble because he should be able to outwrestle and wear Vitor down.
Poor_Franklin
11/2/11 12:54:06AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Watch Rumble miss weight

Geoffo
11/2/11 3:21:57PM
Rumble... via LnP then saying "I had to do what I had to do to win the fight"
Wifebeater
11/4/11 1:29:56PM
Vitor is the biggest GLASSHEART IN MMA history, not to mention his chin is very disgraceful.......Rumble is gonna KO him in a heart beat
emfleek
11/4/11 1:34:16PM

Posted by Wifebeater

not to mention his chin is very disgraceful.....

You're basing this on...?
Shawn91111
11/4/11 2:11:11PM
Rumble will get caught and dropped
Shawn91111
11/4/11 2:14:11PM

Posted by Wifebeater

Vitor is the biggest GLASSHEART IN MMA history, not to mention his chin is very disgraceful.......Rumble is gonna KO him in a heart beat

He has stood in there with Hendo, Overeem twice, Liddell in his punching prime and was knocked out by...none of them.
prophecy033
11/4/11 2:46:58PM

Posted by Wifebeater

you wouldn't happen to have tall green hair and big ears would ya