Rumble Johnson to 185?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Rumble Johnson to 185?
hashyandy4
4/9/11 12:22:00AM
It's not official, but from everything and everyone that i've heard from it's only a matter of time. So if and when this happens who does the ufc match him up against? Do they give him someone as solid as Vitor, or loser of Stann vs Santiago? Or maybe a Jorge Rivera, who i think rumble would kill. I don't know but i personally don't like the move and see much more winnable fights at 170.
What do u guys think?
Budgellism
4/9/11 12:57:45AM

Posted by hashyandy4

It's not official, but from everything and everyone that i've heard from it's only a matter of time. So if and when this happens who does the ufc match him up against? Do they give him someone as solid as Vitor, or loser of Stann vs Santiago? Or maybe a Jorge Rivera, who i think rumble would kill. I don't know but i personally don't like the move and see much more winnable fights at 170.
What do u guys think?

To start off with it'll probably be someone like an Alan Belcher or a Kendall Grove. I'd love to see him against Vitor or Wandy though.
Chael_Sonnen
4/9/11 2:20:36AM
Give 'em Bisping.....hopefully that'll quiet him down.....for a bit.
Pookie
4/9/11 4:27:59AM
I would love to see Rumble fight someone like Palhares if he moved up to 185.
Rabi
4/9/11 5:28:28AM

Give 'em Bisping.....hopefully that'll quiet him down.....for a bit.

Quiet who down, Bisping?

Johnson would not be able to hold Bisping down for 15 mins like he did Hardy, Bispings TD defence is much better then Hardy's. I think Bisping would pick Johnson apart for 15 mins and win a UD.
postman
4/9/11 11:17:52AM

Posted by hashyandy4
I don't know but i personally don't like the move and see much more winnable fights at 170.

Is it really a win if you can't make weight?
chinchecker22
4/9/11 11:43:18AM

Posted by postman

I was thinking the same thing. I know Rumble has had issues making weight at 170 so I definitely think a move up to 185 would help him out.

He showed some improvement in the Hardy fight, but then again, Hardy does not have a great takedown defense. I think without having to worry about cutting to 170, he will continue to show improvements in his fight game.

Just my .02
Budgellism
4/9/11 5:28:48PM

Posted by chinchecker22

Posted by postman

I was thinking the same thing. I know Rumble has had issues making weight at 170 so I definitely think a move up to 185 would help him out.

He showed some improvement in the Hardy fight, but then again, Hardy does not have a great takedown defense. I think without having to worry about cutting to 170, he will continue to show improvements in his fight game.

Just my .02

I agree. This kid is massive. I'm guessing at MW his conditioning will be better, his power will be a little better and he will still have a size advantage. I don't see any negatives to moving up.
tcunningham
4/10/11 12:53:17AM
i think if johnson moves to 185 he'll still be one of the bigger fighters. i say put him right in there with a guy like bisping.