Rudy Valentino: after the Sean Sherk fight boxing promoters were asking me if BJ wanted to go pro in boxing

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rudy Valentino: after the Sean Sherk fight boxing promoters were asking me if BJ wanted to go pro in boxing
ufc88
12/9/08 3:24:56AM
http://www.bjpenn.com/video/video/show?id=2022293%3AVideo%3A520969

He says it in this episode of BJ's my gym show
SmileR
12/9/08 6:52:01AM
Thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard! BJ would whoop ass in a mma fight but boxing he'd be out classed by under card guys.
wiggum
12/9/08 10:15:38AM
well it just depends who they match bj up with.....in the past mma fighters that crossed over such as terry martin, vitor belfort, and andersone silva weren't matched up with top names....so if bj did go pro, he'd most likely get a no-name just like everybody else......bj's boxing is perfectly tailored for mma, and if im not mistaken he actually trained a little boxing before getting into bjj.....so i think he would make the transition quite easily, against a no name
Gladiator
12/9/08 11:07:39AM

Posted by SmileR

Thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard! BJ would whoop ass in a mma fight but boxing he'd be out classed by under card guys.

Im not so sure about that. as the sport continues to evolve i think the next level we are going to see is mma fighters who could transition to other combat sports (boxing, sambo, muay-thai, judo, ect..) and be credible contenders.
cmill21
12/9/08 11:29:47AM

Posted by Gladiator

Posted by SmileR

Im not so sure about that. as the sport continues to evolve i think the next level we are going to see is mma fighters who could transition to other combat sports (boxing, sambo, muay-thai, judo, ect..) and be credible contenders.

The sport is no where near having prizefighters. It's more likely to have stars from other pro sports trying their hand at mma(Cro Cop, Hunt, ect.) No guy in mma has the kind of hands you would need to fight guys like Floyd and Manny, hell Oscar would destroy BJ, Hatton, Paulie, imagin if he faced Margirito...lol this is dumb.
HumanTarget
12/9/08 11:31:51AM
Penn has very good boxing. If he were to concentrate on it for a year, Im sure he could win a title. Not a major one but maybe a B level one.
Jim_Dangle
12/9/08 12:55:17PM
Buahahahahaha at anyone who thinks an MMA fighter could win a boxing title.