Rua title shot question

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Rua title shot question
jack
7/30/09 9:45:22AM
I am a little confused. How is it that Shogun gets a title shot against machida (guaranteed) even though he hasn't even beaten Couture yet? What if he loses? Does he still get the title shot? Makes no sense to me.
emfleek
7/30/09 9:47:04AM

Posted by jack

I am a little confused. How is it that Shogun gets a title shot against machida (guaranteed) even though he hasn't even beaten Couture yet? What if he loses? Does he still get the title shot? Makes no sense to me.

Don't be confused. Shogun isn't fighting Couture. He's fighting Machida and Couture is fighting Nogueira, not Shogun.

LHW - Shogun Rua vs. Machida
HW - Couture vs. Nog

2 different weight classes.
jack
7/30/09 9:48:20AM
Yeah I just realized my mistake...sorry I just woke up and am not quite all there yet!!!
emfleek
7/30/09 9:48:54AM

Posted by jack

Yeah I just realized my mistake...sorry I just woke up and am not quite all there yet!!!

It's all good. It happens to all of us from time to time!
mkiv9secsupra
7/30/09 9:57:07AM
Shogun would maul randy and put him back into retirement, its a good thing those two are matched up
DCRage
7/30/09 10:04:43AM
And to think Couture has been hinting at dropping to 205 to face Machida!
Aleks_Smash
7/30/09 10:39:15AM
All i know is Shogun would KO Randy Couture at randys age. look what shogun did to chuck with a lunging left . As for the machida fight this will be very hard for Shogun to win. and i loooove shogun.. he has said that he trained with machida before and that the ground isnt where you will win with him. so shogun is gonna trade with machida and press the action... which hasnt worked for anyone yet. Machida vs Shogun is the first fight that i do not know how this fight could end.
DCRage
7/30/09 10:45:22AM
You forget one thing-no matter the odds, opponent, or likely outcome, you do not bet against Randy Couture. Ever.
mkiv9secsupra
7/30/09 12:31:41PM

Posted by DCRage

You forget one thing-no matter the odds, opponent, or likely outcome, you do not bet against Randy Couture. Ever.

Unless hes fighting against heavy handed fighters.....then you always pick against him....
prozacnation1978
7/30/09 12:32:03PM
only thing i wouldn't bet against couture is that randy will get married again and divorced again
fizzle
7/30/09 12:34:02PM
Well Randy took a few of Lesnar's Canned Ham's and kept pushing forward, I don't imagine that Shogun hits harder than Lesnar, better and more technical, I have no doubt in, but harder? No. Randy Couture has a chance with just about anyone as do most fighters in any situation.
mkiv9secsupra
7/30/09 12:40:26PM

Posted by fizzle

Well Randy took a few of Lesnar's Canned Ham's and kept pushing forward, I don't imagine that Shogun hits harder than Lesnar, better and more technical, I have no doubt in, but harder? No. Randy Couture has a chance with just about anyone as do most fighters in any situation.

He took a few shots from Liddell before he got KO'd twice as well. Just saying Couture's legacy is not built upon his chin is all.....
fizzle
7/30/09 12:52:36PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by fizzle

He took a few shots from Liddell before he got KO'd twice as well. Just saying Couture's legacy is not built upon his chin is all.....

You're definitely right about that mkiv, I was just trying to point out that the guy doesn't have a glass jaw.
mkiv9secsupra
7/30/09 1:08:00PM

Posted by fizzle

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by fizzle

You're definitely right about that mkiv, I was just trying to point out that the guy doesn't have a glass jaw.

Yeah your right. He definitely has a better chin than AA.... ive seen french whores that dont go down as quick as him hopefully AA's boxing career will help him
Aether
7/30/09 1:47:50PM
He should do well in a sport where people are punching him exclusively in the head.

LOL.
thunderstruck
8/4/09 1:20:14PM
randy couture would maul shogun at 205 ...dont confuse the liddel he(shogun ) koed with the prime chuck randy beat once ...and mark coleman ?you beat mark coleman and your 1 fight away for a title shot at 205 ? never thought id see the day ...
haggiswashere
8/4/09 6:13:09PM
Besides Chuck is punchy now a days. Its sad but true. I think Randy can take a punch better than Chuck right now.
warglory
8/4/09 6:42:28PM
I also think Couture would eliminate Shogun. Shogun's muay thai clinch is golden, but Couture's greco lock up is FAR superior, and if he managed to get Shogun against the cage I think the result would be the same as his fight against Gonzaga.