Royce wants GSP

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Royce wants GSP
Next Page »
MMA
3/27/09 1:07:11PM
Royce Gracie was on the Bubba the Love Sponge show yesterday and when asked about his plans to fight again, he said he wanted back into the UFC and was interested in a fight with Georges St Pierre. He even went so far as to tell Bubba to bring it up with Dana when he’s on next week.

Source
DCRage
3/27/09 1:10:09PM
No no no no NO! Please Royce, don't try to tarnish the Gracie family legacy. The Hughes fight showed that Royce is clearly not on the modern-day UFC level now, even though he probably still has some fight left in him.
mkiv9secsupra
3/27/09 1:15:26PM
Is Royce depressed? Is he trying to go the "death by GSP" route?

I cant think of many more one sided fights that could ever happen. I dont think Royce can even hang with the UFCs top 20 WW's let alone a top P4P king. BJJ can only get you so far in this sport.
mikevolz
3/27/09 1:19:01PM
here's a list of people in the ufc royce could beat.
Twenty20Dollars
3/27/09 1:22:51PM
gsp > hughes > royce.

its that simple.
finnish_line
3/27/09 1:34:37PM

This would make the Penn and Fitch beatings look like a day at the spa.
innovater450
3/27/09 1:44:19PM
nothing good can come of this......he'll be the next ken shamrock
loller90278
3/27/09 1:52:23PM
the battle between roids versus vaseline!

royce should fight minowa in japan
emfleek
3/27/09 1:59:38PM
I'd rather watch a retarded kid fight a dead duck.
pv3Hpv3p
3/27/09 2:11:47PM
It's pretty obvious Royce is just looking at it as a big payday...

There's really no reason to waste any of GSP's time with this sort of thing, Royce had his day in the sun in the UFC and then had his comeback against a then dominant champ... He hasn't shown anything since than that would prove him worthy of an immediate title shot, it just doesnt' really make any sense
Aaronno9
3/27/09 2:14:43PM
The commision shouldnt even sanction this fight. Royce is so far behind GSP in terms of mma. He wouldnt make it out of the first minute unless GSP felt bad for him and gave him some time.
Gannon
3/27/09 2:18:37PM
The funny thing is that fight would probably sell. Please God no!!!
breakdown5
3/27/09 2:51:13PM
This is truly a horrible idea. Even the best in the weight class can't really compare to GSP, and Royce is so far behind the curve in everything except his JJ that this wouldn't even be close to a competitive fight. I'd much rather see Royce fight another legendary old school fighter than get owned by the guys that are truly on top of the weight class.
haggiswashere
3/27/09 2:53:20PM

Posted by emfleek

I know a duck.... and accidents happen..... just let me know. Maybe you know a retarded kid?
DevonFoxy
3/27/09 2:56:13PM

Posted by emfleek

If i could prop you i would thats freaken hilarious.
WheelchairBandit
3/27/09 3:49:22PM
Royce has lost his mind.I wouldn't mind seeing him in the UFC,but he needs to be fighting either another guy from back in the day,or a mid-level TUFer.Royce has NO business being in there with any top 10 fighter.

Royce should be courting Dream to do the Sakuraba rubber match.He could get a huge payday out of it,and it's a fight he can win.

WB.
Mchubb316
3/27/09 3:51:18PM

Posted by emfleek

If not the best, one of the best MMAPlayground comments ever.
LakieMan
3/27/09 4:16:59PM
Terrible move for Royce Gracie!!!
loller90278
3/27/09 4:18:22PM

Posted by WheelchairBandit

Royce has lost his mind.I wouldn't mind seeing him in the UFC,but he needs to be fighting either another guy from back in the day,or a mid-level TUFer.Royce has NO business being in there with any top 10 fighter.

Royce should be courting Dream to do the Sakuraba rubber match.He could get a huge payday out of it,and it's a fight he can win.

WB.

i'd have to agree. i thought saku won their 2nd match, all royce tried to do was hold him for 15 minutes. plus he was on teh juice.
Sir_Karl
3/27/09 4:47:14PM
Royce wants to get twisted into a pretzel and beat on.
Don't do it Royce!
Besides....after the Hughes debacle Royce would have to come into the UFC and beat 3 or 4 good guys before he could get a shot at GSP.
I don't think the UFC and Dana White will want any part of it.
Maybe I am wrong though...maybe we will see Royce's first fight back in the UFC a title shot against GSP...or something as absurd.
It wouldn't surprise me.
No matter what...GSP is hurting Royce bad.
rain183
3/27/09 5:44:10PM
i really don't want to see this happen, if royce could win a few build up matches in the ufc fine; problem is his best years are behind how ever he did show the formula to beat hughes on his feet so said gsp.

but yea this fight would just be sad.
kopower
3/27/09 6:19:39PM

Posted by emfleek

Might look something like this
if it were a dead horse instead of duck

backalley101
3/27/09 6:31:10PM

Posted by emfleek

man that was funny
bjj1605
3/27/09 6:32:51PM
Guys give Royce a break. i'm sure he could beat many top ten WW. Like Mikey Burnett or maybe Luke Cummo.
motorboatensob
3/27/09 6:51:41PM

Posted by backalley101

Posted by emfleek

man that was funny

prozacnation1978
3/27/09 7:37:55PM
i say if gsp loses to alves i say make it happen
i would love to watch this fight, i think royce will get killed but would be a good co main event
bls1919
3/27/09 7:43:27PM
Royce definatly would have the edge in BJJ. but there is no way he could keep up the pace that a GSP fight entails. GSP by absolute blowout.
xdanish020
3/27/09 8:09:15PM
hahahahahahhahaahahhahaa hold on let me breathe.......hahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha

did he not remember what Hughes did to him, and what GSP did to Hughes.....twice....I mean I know he's just trying to get a payday and all, but seriously....come on now.
ncordless
3/27/09 8:25:55PM

Posted by emfleek

I'd rather watch that than just about anything.
puppetmaster837
3/27/09 9:44:08PM

Posted by bls1919

Royce definatly would have the edge in BJJ. but there is no way he could keep up the pace that a GSP fight entails. GSP by absolute blowout.

Royce would have the edge in BJJ if it was a BJJ match. The day hell freezes over will be the day Royce is actually able to get GSP in a dominant position in an mma match. BJJ isnt as useful when GSPs takedown defense would be standing flat footed and pushing on Royce's forehead
Pages: [1] 2