Royce gracie fight record ??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Royce gracie fight record ??
keith-hackney1
6/15/08 2:22:08PM
http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=19

Why is it that gracie's first loss to yoshida (even though he wasn't choked out) is not on his record as a loss ?? I dont remember anything about the fight being scrapped, a loss, is a loss wether he tapped or not. Does anyone know why his fight record has no evidence of his loss to yoshida ??

Thanks
juanez13
6/15/08 2:27:53PM
that wasnt royces first loss, and on sherdog the fight with Yoshida i shown as a draw, probably because after the fight and the tape was examined , than the fight was was changed to a draw....
JimiMak
6/15/08 2:53:29PM
It lists the second fight not the first. This is an area that I've seen mentioned before. Sherdog records aren't always accurate and they seem like they just don't want to count that fight.
dannyfrank
6/15/08 3:27:14PM

Posted by juanez13

that wasnt royces first loss, and on sherdog the fight with Yoshida i shown as a draw, probably because after the fight and the tape was examined , than the fight was was changed to a draw....

it annoys me when fight decisions are changed after the fight has ended. one incident that comes to mind is the TUF 5 finale when gray maynard accidentally knocked himself out for a second when slamming emmerson and then emmerson tapped. he had the win until they looked at the replay and realized he was out and then changed it to a no contest. even though he was out, he wasn't called for it. he should have gotten the win
juanez13
6/15/08 3:44:29PM

Posted by JimiMak

It lists the second fight not the first. This is an area that I've seen mentioned before. Sherdog records aren't always accurate and they seem like they just don't want to count that fight.

true, didnt even realize that...
jomatty
6/15/08 5:55:46PM
sherdog seems to have the best list of fight records but i dont think it is a official database or anything...
stock
6/16/08 9:15:33AM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by juanez13

it annoys me when fight decisions are changed after the fight has ended. one incident that comes to mind is the TUF 5 finale when gray maynard accidentally knocked himself out for a second when slamming emmerson and then emmerson tapped. he had the win until they looked at the replay and realized he was out and then changed it to a no contest. even though he was out, he wasn't called for it. he should have gotten the win

I agree.

keith-hackney1
6/16/08 11:59:53AM
I know royce gracie's first loss wasn't to Yoshida, but as far as i am aware he did lose to Yoshida. It makes me laugh that sherdog don't have record of that loss yet they are quick to put a NC on nick diaz win over Gomi. At least diaz finished Gomi, Royce only fights to a draw now adays doesn't he ?? .. Unless he's had a good few weeks drinking that stuff Sean sherk uses, ( performance enhancer ) Then royce will beat someone (cough, Sakuraba) via a decision ??!!! I know Yoshida conned the Japanese ref into thinking royce was getting submitted, and the fight was stopped but never the less, he lost and that fight is no where to be seen on his sherdog fight record !!!
Manfred
6/16/08 11:38:26PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

I know royce gracie's first loss wasn't to Yoshida, but as far as i am aware he did lose to Yoshida. It makes me laugh that sherdog don't have record of that loss yet they are quick to put a NC on nick diaz win over Gomi. At least diaz finished Gomi, Royce only fights to a draw now adays doesn't he ?? .. Unless he's had a good few weeks drinking that stuff Sean sherk uses, ( performance enhancer ) Then royce will beat someone (cough, Sakuraba) via a decision ??!!! I know Yoshida conned the Japanese ref into thinking royce was getting submitted, and the fight was stopped but never the less, he lost and that fight is no where to be seen on his sherdog fight record !!!

The Nick Diaz situation is different. That's the law in NV. The commission changed the official ruling, not Sherdog
mrsmiley
6/17/08 8:08:02PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=19

Why is it that gracie's first loss to yoshida (even though he wasn't choked out) is not on his record as a loss ?? I dont remember anything about the fight being scrapped, a loss, is a loss wether he tapped or not. Does anyone know why his fight record has no evidence of his loss to yoshida ??

Thanks

The first bout was not under "MMA" rules,and was a straight grappling match.That's why you don't see it on his record.His second bout with Yoshida was a full MMA fight though. I remember reading an interview with Royce were "prior to the first bout",he claimed fighting Yoshida in a full fledged MMA bout would be unfair to the Judokan,and that he would beat him in an all out MMA bout.

I hope this answered your question!