Royce Gracie fails drug test!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Royce Gracie fails drug test!
JoeMimic
6/14/07 9:46:04PM

Mixed martial arts icon Royce Gracie (Pictures), best known as the slender gi-wearing Brazilian who twisted oversized competitors into knots during the early days of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, tested positive for traces of Nandrolone, a commonly used anabolic steroid, following his decision win over Kazushi Sakuraba (Pictures), June 2 in Los Angeles, the California State Athletic Commission revealed Thursday.

Straight from Sherdog; Wow I'm kind of in shock.
ProfessorChaos
6/14/07 9:49:18PM
Wow, definitely wouldn't expect it from him. Doesn't seem like a juice,r but I gusss nowadays you can never really know.
JoeMimic
6/14/07 9:49:56PM

Posted by ProfessorChaos

Wow, definitely wouldn't expect it from him. Doesn't seem like a juice,r but I gusss nowadays you can never really know.

I agree; a lot of people were making comments on how big he looked.
DJDark41
6/14/07 9:51:48PM
He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do that. But I always sorta wondered how he stayed in that good shape at such an old age. Just goes to show you can never judge a book by its cover.
Lord_Lenny
6/14/07 9:53:05PM
thats really messed up, especially because hes a Gracie, they preach being all natural
p_unit23
6/14/07 10:42:14PM
damn that sucks. yep...royce doesn't seem like the type of guy that would do this.
MattHughesFan
6/14/07 10:45:50PM

Posted by DJDark41

He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do that. But I always sorta wondered how he stayed in that good shape at such an old age. Just goes to show you can never judge a book by its cover.

What about Randy, He's older and in a lot better shape. And come to think of it when he interviewed GG after he beat Cro-Cop he looked a lot more bulkier, Maybe he's on the Juice to. Wait this is Captain America i'm talking about, he couldn't.....but if Gracie could...........
Manfred
6/14/07 11:57:13PM
Unbelievable, what a disappointing ending to a disappointing fight.

He's going to get simultaneous armbars from Rorion and Rickson while Helio triangles him.
cowcatcher
6/15/07 12:11:11AM
i posted in the news share on this but what is going on with these failed drug tests. now the least likely guy to ever do roids has failed a yellow test, sad and strange day, but at least it wont be a saku loss now
Ultimate_fighter
6/15/07 12:41:43AM
Royce Royce Royce....
I wonder why all these fighters try to juice themselves when they know they are gonna get tested... just bugs me so much! Like ur career is at risk!
Manfred
6/15/07 3:14:21AM
Sorry Royce, had to be done:

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
JoeMimic
6/15/07 11:24:34AM
Yeah cool bury the thread where nobody will see it.
pv3Hpv3p
6/15/07 1:28:23PM

Posted by MattHughesFan

What about Randy, He's older and in a lot better shape. And come to think of it when he interviewed GG after he beat Cro-Cop he looked a lot more bulkier, Maybe he's on the Juice to. Wait this is Captain America i'm talking about, he couldn't.....but if Gracie could...........

I think Randy really is a genetic freak... He's lived a pretty healthy and clean life from what I've heard, and just has the genetics to be in that kinda shape later in his years...

I was listening to the SDS,and they interviewed Randy... I think it was Savage, asked him about why he looked so huge in that suit... Randy said that a lot of people have asked him about it, and that it was just a bad suit... He still weighs right around 225lbs, so I think he just looked like a giant in that instance.
fedorwins1
6/15/07 2:55:49PM
WTF!? That's crazy, he doesn't seems like a big guy. It seems like a ton of fighters are getting caught latley.
Manfred
6/15/07 11:32:58PM
GRACIE's claiming innocence:

"I have never in my 14-year fighting carrier [sic] taken anything other then natural supplements and natural proteins," said Gracie, who was paid $300,000 to fight. "As such, I am shocked that anything was found in my system."
(LINK)