Royce Gracie to appear in UFC’s new video game

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Royce Gracie to appear in UFC’s new video game
MMAcca
12/13/08 4:04:04PM
Mixed martial arts legend and UFC 1 winner Royce Gracie will be appearing as a character in the UFC’s upcoming video game release with THQ entitled “UFC 2009: Undisputed.”

UFC President Dana White revealed the news during a special Q&A session this past Tuesday at the Sports USA Bar in Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

White made the revelation in response to a question from a fan who inquired whether Gracie will ever fight in the UFC again. Gracie last competed for the promotion at UFC 60 in May of 2006, losing to Matt Hughes via TKO at 4:39 of round 1.

White indicated that he doesn’t want to see Gracie fight for the promotion again at this stage of his career but indicated that the UFC Hall of Famer is still affiliated with the company. In addition to appearing in the video game, White stated that the UFC is going to produce a documentary about Gracie that will air on Spike TV.

LINK
Wolfenstein
12/13/08 4:48:18PM
That's awesome, maybe he'll be a secret character you have to unlock through achievements. I have a feeling he probably won't be the only HOF to make the game. Hopefully the old school fighters aren't going to take up too many of the spots though as I'd like to see all of the upcoming rising stars make the game. One more thing I hope is included in this game are roster updates via Xbox live...or at the very least a PC translation.
ohiostate1016
12/15/08 12:31:42PM

Posted by BigEvil

Posted by Wolfenstein

That's awesome, maybe he'll be a secret character you have to unlock through achievements. I have a feeling he probably won't be the only HOF to make the game. Hopefully the old school fighters aren't going to take up too many of the spots though as I'd like to see all of the upcoming rising stars make the game. One more thing I hope is included in this game are roster updates via Xbox live...or at the very least a PC translation.

Yeah you probably have to lie face down on the mat and let an over the hill hillbilly like Matt hughes straddle you while he bashes your head in.... CONGRATULATIONS YOU JUST UNLOCKED THE ROYCE ACHIEVEMENT

Oh wow. Absolutely no respect. Royce is reason that you get to watch UFC and MMA. Not exactly sure why you'd be bashing him.

And Matt Hughes wasn't exactly over the hill when they fought in 06. He had won 17 of 18 (only loss to BJ) and was the WW champ.
hodge
12/15/08 2:22:23PM
cant wait to beat on Royce gonna be sweeeeet
StriderXero
12/16/08 8:13:35AM
if it's prime Royce.......when I'm fighting against him I'm going to be like......."please dont take me to the ground, please dont take me to the ground"
bayonetxwork
12/16/08 11:07:19AM

Posted by BigEvil

Posted by Wolfenstein

Yeah you probably have to lie face down on the mat and let an over the hill hillbilly like Matt hughes straddle you while he bashes your head in.... CONGRATULATIONS YOU JUST UNLOCKED THE ROYCE ACHIEVEMENT

yeah, thats up there with one of the most ignorant things i've heard on here...

he's a legend of the sport, show some respect seriously...
BigEvil
12/16/08 3:01:06PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by BigEvil

Posted by Wolfenstein

I don't respect legends who take steroids and if you think a joke is the most ignorant thing you've heard on here, then I don't know what to tell you. I was basically describing an event that actually did occur, you can check it out i bet it's on you tube or something.
warglory
12/16/08 10:15:02PM

Posted by BigEvil

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by BigEvil

Posted by Wolfenstein

I don't respect legends who take steroids and if you think a joke is the most ignorant thing you've heard on here, then I don't know what to tell you. I was basically describing an event that actually did occur, you can check it out i bet it's on you tube or something.

It's fighter bashing, plain and simple. Besides, I don't care what kind of steroids you are on, fighting as much as Royce did consecutively in the early days wasn't simply done because of any potential steroids he may have been using, that could have only been done with heart.
BigEvil
12/17/08 12:06:27PM
you guys are so sensitive it's ridiculous. I was simply making a joke. I happen to enjoy royce gracie as a fighter, that doesn't mean I can't mae fun of his more recent performances. Were talking about a video game character here! I thought it was funny that the guy above me said maybe he'd be unlocked through an achievement... So yeah i guess it is fighter bashing, but i don't really see it that way. I commented on an event that actually took place. Royce Gracie was destroyed by Matt Hughes, that is a fact. ( not too mention I think i was bashing Hughes just as much as Royce, I don't see you guys frothing at the mouth over that.)
mrsmiley
12/18/08 8:18:57AM
Wonder if theirs an option to fight in the GI!!!!???????????
tallica62
12/18/08 5:25:34PM
im skeptical about this game..i have ufc throwdown and its atrocious
Pitbull09
12/18/08 5:36:50PM

Posted by tallica62

Yea, I know everyone is really excited for the game but in the end there is still a huge hill the developers are going to have to climb to make good controls. To me, I dont give much thought to graphics, that isnt what is going to keep me playing a game. Its the gameplay and controls. GTA 3, FFX, Fight Night 3, Madden. All those games are my favorites cause they maintained either good controls or gameplay. You could argue Madden sucks in the new features departrment but in the end, the game itself never gets old.
cmill21
12/18/08 6:12:39PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Posted by tallica62

Yea, I know everyone is really excited for the game but in the end there is still a huge hill the developers are going to have to climb to make good controls. To me, I dont give much thought to graphics, that isnt what is going to keep me playing a game. Its the gameplay and controls. GTA 3, FFX, Fight Night 3, Madden. All those games are my favorites cause they maintained either good controls or gameplay. You could argue Madden sucks in the new features departrment but in the end, the game itself never gets old.

Madden 09 for PS3 does suck...big time.