Royce Gracie

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Royce Gracie
komodo20
7/16/07 6:33:59PM
Did Royce Gracie take anabolic steroids before his fight with Kazushi Sakuraba?
Mastodon2
7/16/07 6:47:45PM
The tests say yes. But we will never know!

While Royce will always claim that he unknowningly took them, the people carrying out the test obviously thought, without reasonable doubt, that Royce had abused steroids. I'm gonna go with with the testers on this one.

While it doesnt seem to be the gracie way to use steroids (unless you are Daniel Graice, an obvious roid-abuser), Royce probably wanted to ensure that he would beat Sakuraba the second time they came together, and try and diminish his embarressment at being wrecked by Sakuraba the first time.
LHK
7/16/07 6:58:55PM
I think he should be more embarassed now...worst performance for a win ever. Sakuraba looked like crap too (he's one of my favorite fighters, but this was trully a new low). They both should have got a Loss or draw, it was pathetic, no way Royce deserved to win. Anyway, Sakuraba supposedly was told it was a 5 round fight and was trying to wear down Royce just like the first time, and no one told him they switched the fight to 3 rounds. Watch how confused he is when there is no 4th round. Haven't heard any solid facts, but this definitely wasn't Saku's best effort, he's light years ahead of Gracie, even now.

Sakuraba is fighting a bunch of cheaters lately (Royce, Akiyama).
Stickan
7/16/07 7:49:48PM
this pretty much says it all:

"According to the CSAC, a normal person could potentially produce 2 ng/mL of Nandrolone, while an athlete following "rigorous physical exercise" could have a level of 6 ng/mL. Both "A" and "B" samples provided by Gracie "had a level of over 50 ng/mL and we were informed that the level itself was so elevated that it would not register on the laboratory's calibrator," said the CSAC"

I don't think there was just an over the counter supplement. Royce is just simply lying...

Hoyce is a hoider.
warglory
7/16/07 7:53:46PM

Posted by Stickan

this pretty much says it all:

"According to the CSAC, a normal person could potentially produce 2 ng/mL of Nandrolone, while an athlete following "rigorous physical exercise" could have a level of 6 ng/mL. Both "A" and "B" samples provided by Gracie "had a level of over 50 ng/mL and we were informed that the level itself was so elevated that it would not register on the laboratory's calibrator," said the CSAC"

I don't think there was just an over the counter supplement. Royce is just simply lying...

Hoyce is a hoider.

Fanboy 1988
7/16/07 8:25:44PM

Posted by LHK

I think he should be more embarassed now...worst performance for a win ever. Sakuraba looked like crap too (he's one of my favorite fighters, but this was trully a new low). They both should have got a Loss or draw, it was pathetic, no way Royce deserved to win. Anyway, Sakuraba supposedly was told it was a 5 round fight and was trying to wear down Royce just like the first time, and no one told him they switched the fight to 3 rounds. Watch how confused he is when there is no 4th round.

It sounds like some bad karma coming back to Sakuraba for the Guy Mezger fight

LHK
7/16/07 8:35:58PM

Posted by Fanboy 1988

It sounds like some bad karma coming back to Sakuraba for the Guy Mezger fight

Blame Pride judges/officials for their bias, not Sakuraba. Sakuraba is all class, something the Gracies have never and will never be. And Ken Shamrock, although maybe he did do the right thing, I think Sakuraba would have caught Guy in a sub sooner or later if Pride kept adding rounds for no reason
Fanboy 1988
7/16/07 8:47:56PM
Well, I disagree on saying that the gracies have no class.. But I mostly agree with everything else you said, I was just playing a bit of the devils advocate

SpiderSilva
7/17/07 12:36:20AM
thats too bad you would think that someone who helped start MMA in the early days would respect it a little better.
loller90278
7/17/07 2:06:53AM
he had a chance to appeal the CSAC's test but 1 month passed already and now he can't. so leaving up to assumptions, he did take anabolic steriods.