Roy Nelson says he's just fine being the official suck-meter of the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Roy Nelson says he's just fine being the official suck-meter of the UFC
Sinister
10/1/09 6:49:47PM
"Former IFL heavyweight champion and current "The Ultimate Fighter 10" cast member Roy Nelson has never been one to hide his true feelings.

And one day after his win over Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson was broadcast to the world, "Big Country" is no different.

Comfortable in his one-sided TKO win, Nelson believes he matches up just fine with everyone in the UFC's heavyweight division, is proud of the fact that he perfectly predicted his win, and thinks it's time for Slice to take a look at the UFC's 205-pound division. Oh, and then there's the suck-meter thing."

LINK
Khaos
10/1/09 6:57:41PM
Good read I've heard Nelson be bad mouthed all day and I've siad was he proved a point, and did exactly what he said he would. The fight should have been stopped during the first, then people wouldn't complain.
bjj1605
10/1/09 7:19:08PM
The more I hear of him the more i dislike him. But I guess he could be worthy as a suck meter.
nickcuc547
10/1/09 8:14:28PM

Posted by bjj1605

The more I hear of him the more i dislike him. But I guess he could be worthy as a suck meter.

ya he's a little delusional, he lost me at "I thought I was the big surprise", the guy is good and all but come on he isn't a top ranked heavyweight even if he is highly touted.
imanidiot777
10/1/09 10:29:59PM
how can he think he matches up well against Brock? That's a guy who can toss Nelson's weight around.
prozacnation1978
10/1/09 10:33:49PM
i think nelson has a really good shot at winning this thing
none of the fighters so far have impressed me at all
Rush
10/1/09 10:39:56PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I though both of Rashad's guys in the first two fights looked pretty good except that the kickboxer guy needs to know when to go in for the kill. However, both of them looked like they had some skills to build off of.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
10/1/09 11:11:12PM
yeah not a fan of Nelson, never was, just don't care for his style and I was happy when Arlovski Koed him
gartface
10/1/09 11:32:27PM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

yeah not a fan of Nelson, never was, just don't care for his style and I was happy when Arlovski Koed him

I felt that Roy got screwed in the Arlovski fight. A ref should never stand someone up when in a dominant position. (Mount, Side Control, North South)
george112
10/2/09 1:13:36AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by prozacnation1978

I though both of Rashad's guys in the first two fights looked pretty good except that the kickboxer guy needs to know when to go in for the kill. However, both of them looked like they had some skills to build off of.

the fat guy that almost died against abe looked pretty good
tomp6581
10/2/09 4:51:29AM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by bjj1605

ya he's a little delusional, he lost me at "I thought I was the big surprise", the guy is good and all but come on he isn't a top ranked heavyweight even if he is highly touted.

I was suprised Nelson went on TUF. Especially considering Rothwell, who lost to Nelson in the IFL, is fighting a top UFC contender next!

scobac
10/2/09 7:41:46AM

Posted by tomp6581

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by bjj1605

I was suprised Nelson went on TUF. Especially considering Rothwell, who lost to Nelson in the IFL, is fighting a top UFC contender next!

Rothwell won by split decision in the IFL. Rothwell is in the ufc because he has more wins over better competition and was ranked in the top ten coming out of the IFL
BustedKnuckle
10/3/09 8:16:12PM
Did he say he wanted to be a gatekeeper?? Well i geuss being a gatekeeper in the UFC isnt a bad gig. Chris Lytle has made a hell of a career out of it!
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/3/09 8:28:52PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Did he say he wanted to be a gatekeeper?? Well i geuss being a gatekeeper in the UFC isnt a bad gig. Chris Lytle has made a hell of a career out of it!

From what was shown to us in the fight, IMO he's far from even challenging any gatekeeper who's already established in the UFC.
mrsmiley
10/4/09 6:34:20AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

I felt that Roy got screwed in the Arlovski fight. A ref should never stand someone up when in a dominant position. (Mount, Side Control, North South)

I was happy Arloski won that fight,but you are right.
Roy did get screwed on the standup.