Roy Jones on Silva fight that won't happen

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Roy Jones on Silva fight that won't happen
owen1
4/8/08 12:01:15PM
Professional boxing champion Roy Jones Jr. is disappointed that UFC President Dana White recently put the brakes on a fight that would have pitted him against UFC middleweight titleholder, Anderson Silva, at a catch weight between 180 and 188 pounds under boxing rules. Silva and his camp floated the idea after he defeated Dan Henderson at UFC 82: “Pride of a Champion” last month.

http://mmamania.com/2008/04/08/roy-jones-jr-on-anderson-silva-fight-that-wont-happen/
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/8/08 1:01:12PM
Is anybody actually honestly surprised?
coldchillin
4/8/08 1:10:26PM
yeah, why would Dana White and the UFC let this fight happen under boxing rules... they have too much invested in their middleweight champ to let this happen. I thought it was a stupid idea when I first heard it.
ocho-cinco
4/8/08 1:10:28PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Is anybody actually honestly surprised?

Nope. I would have been more suprised if he did let him.
komodo20
4/8/08 7:17:03PM
maybe Dana White did this because he would't want Anderson Silva UFC middleweight champion to get hurt in the fight with roy jones and anderson silva has contract with the ufc so Dana White can do what ever he wants
komodo20
4/8/08 7:21:31PM
If they did happen to fight roy jones would win Anderson Silva is good but not that good of a boxing like roy jones jr
owen1
4/8/08 8:38:06PM

Posted by komodo20

If they did happen to fight roy jones would win Anderson Silva is good but not that good of a boxing like roy jones jr

Ya I don't think theres much doubting that Anderson would get his ass whooped,Roy is too good of a boxer for someone to transition from from MMA and beat him straight away.
Pitbull09
4/8/08 11:55:02PM
I dont blame him. I guess it comes down to who you think would win.

Personally, I think a pro boxer should beat an mma fighter under boxing rules. Its just the same for the opposite. Masses would see an Anderson Silva loss under boxing rules as a loss for mma altogether.
p_unit23
4/9/08 12:12:25AM
I think that Roy Jones would destroy Anderson in a boxing match obviously. I was looking forward to seeing this, but Dana White doesn't want anything happening to Silva.