Roy Jones Jr. Retiring?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Roy Jones Jr. Retiring?
nickcuc547
11/9/08 12:54:02PM
After last night's loss he said he is contemplating retirement. Hopefully this will change Anderson Silva's tune about retiring. Rumor has it he wanted to retire to fight Roy Jones Jr. With him out of the picture maybe we will see the Spider around for a little longer than we thought.
bullettdodger
11/9/08 12:57:58PM
No tune change, they're going to both retire so they can have their little boxing match
Jackelope
11/9/08 2:47:21PM
I moved this away from the "UFC Forum" (LOL) to the Locker Room
MMAcca
11/9/08 3:58:58PM
Has RJJ even expressed an interest in this fight ?
DCRage
11/9/08 4:29:24PM
Correct me if my memory's gone bad, but wasn't it Floyd Mayweather was was doing all the talking about trying MMA?
MMAcca
11/9/08 4:38:59PM

Posted by DCRage

Correct me if my memory's gone bad, but wasn't it Floyd Mayweather was was doing all the talking about trying MMA?

Yes, but Anderson Silva has stated that he wants to fight Jones Junior in a boxing match.
juanez13
11/9/08 4:52:51PM

Posted by MMAcca

Has RJJ even expressed an interest in this fight ?

yea he has in a couple on occasions, i remember one were he was a guest commentator (i think) were he said a UFC champion wanted to fight him (obviously A.Silva) and that he thought it would bring huge money, but he said Dana white did want to let him do it. He said something along the lines "Dana has to stop being a little girl, and let the fight happen" lol.
Twenty20Dollars
11/10/08 1:18:38AM
the fight won't happen. They will both retire and thats the end to that story.