Roy Jones Jr vs. Joe Calzaghe

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Roy Jones Jr vs. Joe Calzaghe
The_Metal_Maniac
7/10/08 4:06:58AM
I'm not sure how many boxing fans their are on this forum. To those of whom there are I wanted to see what you're thoughts are on this fight. I am a pretty big boxing fan and am pretty excited for this match. I think Calzaghe doesn't hit hard enough to finish Jones Jr. So my pick if Roy comes in ready to fight is a mid round KO by Jones Jr.
Aaronno9
7/10/08 5:36:26AM
Joe Calzaghe, UD.
juanez13
7/10/08 7:21:44AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Joe Calzaghe, UD.

same, dont think RJJ can pull this one off.
SmileR
7/10/08 7:52:24AM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Aaronno9

Joe Calzaghe, UD.

same, dont think RJJ can pull this one off.

Theirs no way in hell RJJ can hang with Caizaghe now. Hes to fast and he does have power just look at the Mikkel Kessler fight. I'v never seen Kessler worried about punches before.

Jones is just to old to hang with Caizaghe now. Maybe he had a chance 4 or 5 years ago but not now.
owen1
7/10/08 9:43:49AM
Calzage by decision with Jones showing some glimpses of his past brilliance but not enough.
Id really like to see Roy turn the clock back and beat Joe but unfortunately I dont see it happening.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/10/08 11:29:17AM
im a huge RJJ fan, but unless he's in the best shape of his life, he stands no chance

lots of UDs in here but i personally see Calzaghe putting him on the floor

btw i cried when Tarver Kod Roy the 1st time
DCRage
7/10/08 12:07:12PM
This is an exciting fight and one I'm looking forward to. It'll probably be a close enough fight that I think a draw is not too much of a stretch. If I had to pick now, I'd say Calzaghe by split or majority decision. Knockdowns could be the deciding factor.
The_Metal_Maniac
7/10/08 12:37:54PM
Maybe I've let me love of RJJ get in the away of making the smart choice.
kaskd
7/10/08 3:41:29PM
In the past i would have said Roy Jones Jr, emptied my bank account and walked away a richer happy man. But he is not the same and Calzaghe is a beast. Before his fight with Bhop i would have called this a guaranteed KO, but he didn't look quite the same against another top competitor. I say Majority Decision.
Aaronno9
7/10/08 4:02:08PM

Posted by kaskd

In the past i would have said Roy Jones Jr, emptied my bank account and walked away a richer happy man. But he is not the same and Calzaghe is a beast. Before his fight with Bhop i would have called this a guaranteed KO, but he didn't look quite the same against another top competitor. I say Majority Decision.

I think the reason he didn't look the same was becouse Hopkins wouldnt let him get into his usual rhythm. Alot of the fight was spent clinched up which isn't joes strongest suit. Hes not an incredibly powerful guy though so i never feel comfortable picking him to k.o somebody.
teddythetuna
7/10/08 6:41:00PM
Calzaghe by Majority. Much love for RJJ though