Rousimar Palhares Vs. Hector Lombard Booked In Australia On December 14th

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rousimar Palhares Vs. Hector Lombard Booked In Australia On December 14th
FastKnockout
9/7/12 6:25:27PM
UFC president Dana White hasn't been on twitter much lately, but he popped back up with a doozy of a tweet today. It had been rumored for a little while now that UFC on FX 6 was going to take place outside of North America. That has turned out to be true - the show will go down in Australia on December 14th. And the first fight announced for the card is pretty good.

LINK
DrivenDavies15
9/7/12 6:46:18PM
Should be a sick fight as long as Hector brings it. Love this fight
Budgellism
9/7/12 6:49:51PM
Awesome fight. One I didn't see coming tbh.
Twenty20Dollars
9/7/12 7:11:58PM
As a fight or bodybuilding competition to see which one has the bigger guns?

But seriously, I'm suprised Lombard is booked for main event after his last fight. I thought they'd be worried it might happen again and this time in the main event slot.
postman
9/7/12 7:11:59PM

Posted by Budgellism

I wanted it from the jump two thick necks throwing down.
prophecy033
9/7/12 7:15:25PM

Posted by Budgellism

neither did I but I really like it. Palhares is a fucking tank and the artist formerly known as Hector "was" a tank until the last fight that was retarded. Will Palhares take another leg or will Hector get the knockout we so desperately wanted to see against Boetsch. Who knows, all I'm sure of is im watching
thevoodooninja
9/7/12 7:33:29PM
I don't think this fights will last very long paul harris by sub early in the first
Chael_Sonnen
9/7/12 7:34:57PM
'Gorilla's in the Mist - - - part II'

HEKtor will look tiny compared to Paul. Paul by whatever he WANTS!

Ya got that hecTOR - - - he will probably blame the Cuban Missile Crisis for his second straight LOSS.
sbulldavid
9/7/12 10:26:36PM
I think I disagree, Lombard this fight is tailored for a Lombard TKO
Budgellism
9/7/12 10:32:50PM

Posted by sbulldavid

I agree tbh. Lombard's TDD is very solid and on the feet he definitely has Palhares out matched. I see Lombard getting people fired up about him again.
meier
9/7/12 10:33:08PM
No contest via paulo filho run in
BossHog
9/7/12 10:50:20PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by sbulldavid

I agree tbh. Lombard's TDD is very solid and on the feet he definitely has Palhares out matched. I see Lombard getting people fired up about him again.

As shitty as Lombard-Boetch was the one thing that looked good was Lombard's overall takedown awareness/defense. The fact that this is another fight where he will have to be very wary of the takedown (for different reasons) could be an indicator for another snoozer
infestructure
9/7/12 11:07:13PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

'Gorilla's in the Mist - - - part II'

This is the second time they announced this fight. Every time, I think of this picture...

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
prozacnation1978
9/7/12 11:10:20PM
So fx 6 is pretty much the tuf smashes finale
With g SOP vs Pearson as co main event

Add Noke and perosh. And mark hunt
JLS1980
9/7/12 11:18:25PM
This will probably mean back to back UFC events.
You have this FX 6 card in Australia on December 14th and The TUF 16 Finale in Las Vegas on December 15th with Nelson vs. Carwin.

jae_1833
9/7/12 11:59:57PM
Decent match up, but honestly don't think he should be matched up with a ground guy.
JLS1980
9/8/12 10:47:41AM

Posted by Budgellism

Same thing I was thinking when I seen this matchup. I was totally thinking Mark Munoz would be Lombard's next opponent. And for some reason I kinda wanted to see Paul Harris and Okami since that match was suppose to take place at UFC 150. And Okami ended up with Buddy Roberts, a lose, lose situation for him. Beating Buddy Roberts really didn't do much for Okami's resume. IMO. And if Roberts upset him that would've been a career changing fight as it would have whipped him completely out of the top 10.

It is kind of weird that Lombard is in the Main Event after that performance at UFC 149. But he is a Cuban born Australian mixed martial artist and I don't know for sure but it seems like the Australians wouldn't mind that too much.
george112
9/8/12 10:51:46AM
Think palhares takes this. Could be wrong though.

I always felt whenever there is a fighter that is really really good outside of the UFC and then comes in with a lot of hype the UFC actually tries to "breakdown" that hype by feeding them to pretty good guys to prove the UFC was superior all the while.

Just a thought I've always had
shaneTpain
9/8/12 5:10:05PM
WOW! fucking fantastic match!

I really wanna see Palhares rip Hectors leg off & beat him with it. Revenge for the worst debut fight ever.
BigBadAl
9/10/12 7:27:26AM

Posted by shaneTpain

WOW! fucking fantastic match!

I really wanna see Palhares rip Hectors leg off & beat him with it. Revenge for the worst debut fight ever.

Gears of War stylie!