Rousey: Tate is an un-American, ungrateful POS

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rousey: Tate is an un-American, ungrateful POS
emfleek
2/21/12 9:35:29AM
In a recent TapouT Radio interview, Ronda Rousey discussed a wide range of issues in reference for her title bout with Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate at "Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey" on March 3, Columbus. OH.

Fighting weight

“I’m at 141.8 right now. I’m a professional, and I want to have a better cut than Miesha does, because I want to beat the girl into the ground."

The Olympics

“She brought up that my Olympic medal is a fraud, and that I really got fourth place. I just thought, ‘What kind of an ungrateful little POS are you? I won the Olympic medal for YOUR country, and you’re questioning the validity of the Olympic medal that I got for your country, just to make yourself feel a little bit better.’ I mean, that’s just not even American ... the whole idea that she would try to defame one of her own country’s Olympic medals is so tactless. It was un-American and an anti-patriot thing to do."

LINK
Bubbles
2/21/12 10:08:10AM
i think we have the female Chael Sonnen
BuffaloDave
2/21/12 10:22:10AM

Posted by Bubbles

She is working her ass off selling this fight.
emfleek
2/21/12 10:24:01AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Bubbles

She is working her ass off selling this fight.

And doing a great job, imo. Like she said, Miesha is quite the amateur when it comes to smack talk.

The best thing about it all is that she's going to back it up and knock that "I just sniffed a fart" look (aka "The Dolloway") off Tate's face.
sparky
2/21/12 10:34:49AM
LMAO FLEEK

come on now I like CB, well to be honest I only like his nickname!!
emfleek
2/21/12 10:38:16AM

Posted by sparky

LMAO FLEEK

come on now I like CB, well to be honest I only like his nickname!!

I can't take credit for it. One of the members here brought it up one time and that's all I can think about when I see CB.
Poor_Franklin
2/21/12 12:15:27PM
if ufc on fx2 & showtime fights are on the same day, does that mean they'll be airing a the same time?

i hope not, bc if it comes down to tate/rousey or alves/kampmann, i'll be watching the women fight the next day on youtube
emfleek
2/21/12 12:21:45PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

if ufc on fx2 & showtime fights are on the same day, does that mean they'll be airing a the same time?

i hope not, bc if it comes down to tate/rousey or alves/kampmann, i'll be watching the women fight the next day on youtube

Strikeforce = Saturday, March 3rd
UFC on FX 2 = Saturday, March 3rd IN AUSTRALIA (will air live on Friday, March 2nd in North America)
BuffaloDave
2/21/12 12:26:40PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

FX 2 is on Friday, so no worries.
Poor_Franklin
2/21/12 12:37:55PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Poor_Franklin

oh. mmaweekly has them as the same day. that makes a lot more sense
emfleek
2/21/12 12:38:53PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Poor_Franklin

oh. mmaweekly has them as the same day. that makes a lot more sense

March 2nd in the USA = March 3rd in Australia
Poor_Franklin
2/21/12 12:42:36PM

Posted by emfleek

emfleek
2/21/12 12:43:42PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by emfleek

Sorry...hopefully you haven't already blazed.

Bubbles
2/21/12 1:35:09PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Strikeforce = Saturday, March 3rd
UFC on FX 2 = Saturday, March 3rd IN AUSTRALIA (will air live on Friday, March 2nd in North America)

Wallass
2/21/12 3:09:18PM
This girl needs to shut up.
emfleek
2/21/12 3:11:50PM

Posted by Wallass

Why?
scoozna
2/21/12 4:23:15PM

Posted by Wallass

Yes, Tate does need to quit it.
Sir_Karl
2/21/12 6:55:24PM
I hate when people dictate what it is to be an American. In my eyes those who tell others how an American should act or whatever ARE UN AMERICAN THEMSELVES. I can't stand flag sucking so called patriots. Free speech byotch....that is one of the joys of living in a first world country like America. Suck it up. Now I really hope Tate whoops her silly ass.
Pookie
2/21/12 7:21:01PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

I hate when people dictate what it is to be an American. In my eyes those who tell others how an American should act or whatever ARE UN AMERICAN THEMSELVES. I can't stand flag sucking so called patriots. Free speech byotch....that is one of the joys of living in a first world country like America. Suck it up. Now I really hope Tate whoops her silly ass.

But you're British? Doesn't that make what you think to be Un-American, American.
BuffaloDave
2/21/12 7:23:47PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

I admit it sounds dumb on Rousey's part calling Tate un-American, but hey that's her right to do so under the 1st amendment. You said so yourself with the Free Speech byotch line.
Cooler
2/21/12 7:45:11PM
Can't wait to see these two roll around
Cooler
2/21/12 7:46:38PM

Posted by Wallass

So do tea-baggers in certain avatars
Aether
2/21/12 9:37:01PM
I've heard a couple of interviews with her, and I find her pretty annoying, but I have to give her credit for being really the only female fighter to get herself into headlines for any reason other than being "hot". She can sell fights, and is drawing some of the attention back to women's MMA that disappeared after carano and cyborg did everything they could to de-legitimize it.