Rothwell-Gormley Moved to UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rothwell-Gormley Moved to UFC
Playground_Samurai
7/28/09 10:57:44PM
Another abandoned Affliction bout has found a home.

Ben Rothwell and Chase Gormley will make their Octagon debuts in a heavyweight bout at UFC 104 on Oct. 24 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, according to a source with knowledge of the negotiations.

Link
ncordless
7/28/09 10:59:25PM
Wow.. you were faster than Stormin by 1 second... that has to be a record.
Playground_Samurai
7/28/09 11:03:18PM

Posted by ncordless

Wow.. you were faster than Stormin by 1 second... that has to be a record.

I noticed that, lol.

I like this move. I don't know much about Gormley, but I think Rothwell could make for some interesting match ups. I think he'll be a great gatekeeper.
scobac
7/28/09 11:33:17PM
rothwel and nelson, nice a couple of fighters with my chubby physique ITS ABOUT TIME
Mayhem13
7/28/09 11:48:40PM
Glad to see Rothwell in the UFC, he is tough and should make for some good fights. Not a title contender, but a good adiition for sure.

I want to see Rothwell vs Hardonk!
prozacnation1978
7/28/09 11:50:44PM
i hope it sticks but rothwell is a nice addition to ufc
i'll be rooting him on in la
Twenty20Dollars
7/29/09 1:15:03AM
I thought SF was going to gobble up all of these affliction fighters, but good to see UFC get a few.

I see some good matchups for Rothwell.
Jackelope
7/29/09 1:49:25AM
Rothwell adds some much needed depth, credibility and more importantly- EXPERIENCE to the UFC's HW division. His addition, whether he wins or loses against UFC guys, will be a huge boost for their careers. Great move by the UFC
Khaos
7/29/09 2:24:50AM
It's good to see Ben Rothwell will finally get to fight for the UFC. I thought he'd end up being the IFL champion before he and Whitehead left. Hopefully he gets the win.