Rosenthal gets 37 months for conspiracy to distribute

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rosenthal gets 37 months for conspiracy to distribute
FastKnockout
7/2/13 2:39:42PM
Josh Rosenthal was sentenced today, and for those who might have been expecting a slap on the wrist, the results will probably come as something of a shock.

Link
SpiderSilva
7/2/13 2:59:39PM
Judge must have been a vengeful carwin fan.

Seriously though. 3 years isn't that bad for drugs
pmoney
7/2/13 3:56:10PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Especially what he was facing. If he has no priors, he may be able to get out in 12 months or less. California jails hardly have room for drug offenders anymore with all the gangbangers and psychopaths roaming about. Then again, since they are Federal charges, he may not get the early stoppage (sorry JJeans had to)
BillsNewAccount
7/2/13 3:58:05PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

In a related note Caraway says don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
Webbie
7/2/13 6:44:41PM
Somehow, I like Josh Rosenthal more now than I already did.
teddythetuna
7/2/13 6:54:59PM
3 years for marihuana! I understand its illegal and I don't even smoke but this seems harsh considering what people get for more serious/violent crimes.
prozacnation1978
7/2/13 7:08:43PM
Sucks for him. Maybe he can ref some fights in prison
JLS1980
7/2/13 7:33:44PM
He'll get about 47 good days per year. So he'll be out in about 32 months. If they give him halfway house time of 6 months that will be 26 months at a low or minimum security. From first hand experience I know exactly how this works.
tcunningham
7/3/13 1:11:06AM
that could the nail in the coffin of his reffing career. i didnt think he was a bad ref, not the best but not the worst either. what a dumbass for doing this. he had a name for himself and now he's just another chump in prison.
frizzzlecake
7/3/13 1:24:35PM
I loved his reffing style, wasn't afraid to let guy's take one or two more blows to see if they had the will to get back into it, but not like 4-7. I don't ever remember watching a Josh fight thinking that was stopped early. More reffing jobs for Kim though.
jae_1833
7/3/13 1:56:26PM
He got hit on conspiracy to distribute...not simple possession, hence the sentance.