Rory MacDonald Warns B.J. Penn to Get Focused or Risk Serious Beating

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rory MacDonald Warns B.J. Penn to Get Focused or Risk Serious Beating
SmileR
7/25/12 2:50:10PM
Jul 25, 2012 - B.J. Penn was a no-show at Tuesday's UFC 152 press conference. Officially, he had to miss the event due to family circumstances, but his Sept. 22 opponent Rory MacDonald just sees his absence as another sign of an unfocused opponent.

Penn recently came out of a brief retirement to accept the matchup with MacDonald, saying he wanted revenge on MacDonald's camp, Tri-Star, which is also the home of Penn's longtime rival Georges St-Pierre. But on Tuesday, MacDonald publicly questioned whether Penn is truly motivated to return, and warned that if he's not, things will end disastrously for the former two-division champion.

"I'm training for the best BJ, you know what I mean?" he said. "I'm preparing to be the best version, I'm going to come out evolved. I'm going to come out in good shape, explosive, exciting like I always do, and I'm going to be very technical. I'm going to be on point. I don't know where B.J.'s at. He didn't even show up to this. He's dropping out of the VADA testing. The last time I saw him he looked really out of shape. I don't know where his head is at in this, but he better get serious or I'm going to hurt him very badly."

Link
calitrees
7/25/12 3:17:44PM
Im scared for BJ he doent take losses well and Rory is going to whoop his ass this will probobly be the last time we see Penn in the Octagon
Card
7/25/12 3:29:45PM

MMAcca
7/25/12 3:35:56PM
BJ's gut is bigger than mine in that second pic.

Don't suppose that matters, except i'm not a professional athlete.........
Wallass
7/25/12 4:04:53PM
BJ is going to destroy MacDonald! This coming from a Canadian whose banned from BJ's website.
SmileR
7/25/12 4:17:36PM

Posted by Wallass

BJ is going to destroy MacDonald! This coming from a Canadian whose banned from BJ's website.

Haha how did you get banned!? I'm hugely impressed!
frizzzlecake
7/25/12 4:38:44PM
BJ via Gutbomb.
BeeR
7/25/12 4:46:19PM
is this a 195 catch weight fight?

BJ still wont make weight
TerrorofsesameST
7/25/12 4:51:25PM
Jesus BJ looks awful I hope those pictures aren't recent.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
BeeR
7/25/12 5:04:15PM
Rory looks pretty tanned there....
papercut
7/25/12 5:09:17PM

Posted by Card

shaneTpain
7/25/12 6:05:07PM
BJ dont know who hes fuckin with
cowcatcher
7/25/12 6:11:34PM

Posted by papercut

Somebody get that kid a fucking vegetable! Is he inhaling a popsicle?
BeeR
7/25/12 6:30:50PM
no, that was a wooden dinner plate
JLS1980
7/25/12 7:29:31PM

Posted by Wallass

You've got it all wrong on this one. I can almost see this as borderline mismatch. Rory, the future champ, is gonna make BJ wish he didn't take him up on that offer.
crushedbacon
7/25/12 9:28:00PM
BJ should just hope this ends quickly... the longer he's in there, the worse it's gonna be. Penn is gonna take the worst ass whipping of his career in Toronto, in shape or outta shape. Doesn't matter.
Cooler
7/25/12 9:40:26PM
Watch that glass chin, Rory
DancingDoll
7/25/12 10:27:50PM
The whole VADA testing thing was kind of lame on BJ's part, in my opinion. First pushing for it with the associated underlying insinuations, and then dropping it completely.

Not sure the reasons why he didn't show up. I heard it was something family related. Then again, if he wasn't in peak physical conditioning and visibly out of shape, I can't blame him for not wanting to be standing next to Rory at the presser.

I don't see this ending well for BJ and sense a second retirement announcement a few minutes after the fight ends. Rory is amped for this fight and BJ is gonna get wrecked.
Chael_Sonnen
7/26/12 1:47:07AM
If Beej is motivated and in shape he will utterly destroy young Rory........

........just kidding......Beej = DEAD MAN WALKING (in shape or fat)
Boo_Radley21
7/26/12 1:58:53AM

Posted by crushedbacon

BJ should just hope this ends quickly... the longer he's in there, the worse it's gonna be. Penn is gonna take the worst ass whipping of his career in Toronto, in shape or outta shape. Doesn't matter.

GSP...need i say more? Penn will never take such an ass whooping as long as he lives
pmoney
7/26/12 5:25:54AM
Rory was rocked by Che Mills (which is why Rory took it to the ground). He was finished by Condit. Penn is a legend. Five years ago BJ would have killed Rory in his sleep and not thought twice, and no one would think to say a word edgewise. His hands are the Top 5 in MMA, maybe top 3 all time. His TDD is the bee's knees. He is one of the top pound for pound best mixed martial artists of all time.

But goddamn BJ looks bad in those pictures!!
crushedbacon
7/26/12 3:12:00PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by crushedbacon

GSP...need i say more? Penn will never take such an ass whooping as long as he lives

Boo, I realize what happened at UFC 94, but I think this one's gonna be worse. Rory's gonna elbow Penns face into mashed potatoes.
* Honorable mention to Diaz for the beating dished out @137
crushedbacon
7/26/12 3:13:35PM

Posted by pmoney

Five years ago BJ would have killed Rory in his sleep and not thought twice, and no one would think to say a word edgewise.

I think Rory was in Grade 11. So ya BJ -130
george112
7/26/12 3:34:00PM
No matter what the 1st round is going to have action.

BJ usually loses because he gasses. He's always fresh the 1st

Hope he comes in shape