Rory MacDonald reinjured; trainer says UFC welterweight won't rush back again

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rory MacDonald reinjured; trainer says UFC welterweight won't rush back again
Budgellism
3/13/13 7:12:42PM
MONTREAL – Saturday could have been Rory MacDonald's coming-out party. Instead, he'll be watching UFC 158 from the seats.

MacDonald (14-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) was supposed to fight Carlos Condit (28-6 MMA, 5-2 UFC) in a rematch at UFC 158, which takes place at Bell Centre in Montreal, MacDonald's home training ground.

But a neck injury took him out of the fight – and now he will be sidelined longer than hoped after aggravating the injury by returning to training too quickly. Canada's Sportsnet first reported the development, and Tristar Gym head Firas Zahabi on Wednesday confirmed MacDonald's reinjury to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

LINK
Pookie
3/13/13 7:19:24PM
Lots of wear and tear on such a young fighter. Hes going to end up like Shogun. But without the chin, and more technique.
Boo_Radley21
3/13/13 7:29:06PM

Posted by Pookie

Lots of wear and tear on such a young fighter. Hes going to end up like Shogun. But without the chin, and more technique.

I feel like that BJ Penn fight made me think that he will end up better than Shogun (p4p) but then i remember all of BJ Penns recent fights since Sanchez
FastKnockout
3/13/13 7:31:53PM
His coaches should've known better.
Chael_Sonnen
3/13/13 9:00:24PM
Hipsters generally DO NOT have a long shelf life.....I blame the Don Draper oil slick of a haircut.
prozacnation1978
3/13/13 9:46:11PM
Rory sure gets hurt a lot. I doubt he fights this year