Rory MacDonald would move to middleweight before fighting GSP

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Rory MacDonald would move to middleweight before fighting GSP
FastKnockout
4/19/12 3:42:56PM
Let's make this clear: It might be a while before Rory MacDonald is knocking at champ George St-Pierre's door, and interim titleholder Carlos Condit isn't necessarily around the corner.

Still, seemingly everyone feels something big is on the horizon for the 22-year old welterweight.

And if MacDonald beats Che Mills, there are aren't many top welterweights who seem out of immediate reach, including the interim champion.

LINK
airkerma
4/19/12 4:03:21PM
Rory needs to get some top guys for his next few fights. I am all aboard the hype train for Rory, but it would be more convincing if he would mop the floor with kos. Great matchups for him include: Mike Pierce, winner of Hendricks vs Kos, EBurger, Kampmann, and maybe Rick Story if he gets back in the win column. Some of these make sense, but overall I think they would all be great proving fights for Rory and entertaining to watch, especially a fight with mop head.
Twenty20Dollars
4/19/12 4:12:34PM
Maybe GSP won't have the title.
rush13
4/19/12 6:11:01PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Maybe GSP won't have the title.

It would be awesome if they ended up re-matching for the title...that would make his revenge on Condit be that much sweeter
sbulldavid
4/19/12 8:32:51PM
I was on the Rory hype train before the Condit fight and he was the only fighter I can remember beating Condit all around but Kampmann is in the picture as well and I wouldn't mind seeing them two fight.
prozacnation1978
4/19/12 8:51:44PM
I thought number one goal would be the belt regardless of who they face. Ufc needs to find some real fighters who want the belt and gold.