UFC rookies of the year (so far)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC rookies of the year (so far)
« Previous Page
JLS1980
6/27/12 3:49:59PM
I don't think Erick Silva or Hettes should be on the UFC rookie list because they fought last year(2011).

I do like the list though. Tim Means was on fire his last fight against Salas. Salas didn't even look ready for that one. If he gets another win this year he'll be 3-0 on the year.

Looking forward to SiyarTheGreat @149. His quick KO of Paulo was very impressive. I do think he's for real, just would like to see more action from him to see some of his other skills.

Uncle Creepy has to be the most impressive without a win. 2 fights w/o a win and he's still probably the 3rd best in the thin division.

Can't wait for Teixeira. He's got monster wriitten all over him. Probably only 1 win away from cracking the top 10 in the top heavy but yet thin division. Especially if it's against a rellevant opponent.

Boo_Radley21
6/27/12 4:23:32PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Don't see it as a lucky punch by Siyar.

I'm not necessarily saying he was lucky, but with a little luck anybody can pull that off (Serra comes to mind)

I'd be more impressed and more inclined to call him rookie of the year if he had a longer fight that showed more of his skills rather than one punch. How can someone be a rookie of the year if that's all youve seen of them?

these are just nominees for 2012. He will have at least 1 more fight this year to have a better gauge. What if he goes 3-0 with 3 1st round KOs in like 5 minutes combined?

I think if he gets 3 first round ko's that's different cause it proves it wasn't just a lucky shot in the first fight. once could be a lucky shot but 3 times in 3 fights is probably a sign of legit knockout power or accuracy or what have you
Bubbles
6/27/12 7:23:01PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I think if he gets 3 first round ko's that's different cause it proves it wasn't just a lucky shot in the first fight. once could be a lucky shot but 3 times in 3 fights is probably a sign of legit knockout power or accuracy or what have you

Hasn't he already shown that with most of his 11 (T)KOs occurring in the first round?
State_Champ
6/27/12 7:52:48PM

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by deck15

Glover Teixera or Ian Macall I've been looking forward to both of them in the ufc and both lived up to the hype IMO.

UNCLE CREEPY!!!!
E-SILVA!!!!
HOLLOWAY!!!!
GLOVER!!!
How could I forget!?!!
We are gonna see some FUCKIN EPIC matches in the near future

Yeah, I came here to mention E-Silva and McCall.

I had not thought of Holloway.

Personally, I thought Hettes looked really good in his fight..... but it wasn't against the best competition.

I just realized some of these guys aren't rookies...
State_Champ
6/28/12 6:50:07AM
Jamie Varner?
JLS1980
6/28/12 8:39:10AM
Jamie Varner? I don't think you could consider him a rookie. This is his second stint with the UFC, the first one ending in 2007 before going to WEC.

But he did look awesome in his first fight back against Barboza snapping a 4 fight losing streak.
airkerma
6/28/12 2:22:41PM
I'm thinking Tim Means currently. His next fight may not be such a step up that it's unimaginable that he can continue his streak.
Pages: 1 [2]