Ronda Rousey likely to main event UFC pay-per-view.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ronda Rousey likely to main event UFC pay-per-view.
kingsmasher
11/19/12 11:14:24PM
Here's how much the UFC thinks of Ronda Rousey and her exploding star power: the newly signed women's bantamweight champion will most likely main event a pay-per-view in her octagon debut, UFC president Dana White said.

"She's the champ," he said. "Unless there's a weight division higher than her that the champ would be defending the title, then yeah, she'd be the main event."

That's quite a turnaround for White, who as recently as 2011 said women would "never" fight in a UFC cage.

Link
Bubbles
11/19/12 11:21:58PM
yes really. I dont have a problem with it
Budgellism
11/19/12 11:25:47PM
My biggest problem is that Rousey hasn't been out of the 1st round and they're going to make the 5 round fight of the night be hers? As long as the co-main event is a 5 round fight I'm fine with it.
kingsmasher
11/19/12 11:28:23PM

Posted by Bubbles

then you pay the 50 for a one rounder that coulda been a 5 rounder real fight...I guess youd rather see Rousey than a five rounder say Machida Henderson?

Basically what you are saying then is you will agree to pay the same for a less product...

Dana would pat you on the head...
BuffaloDave
11/19/12 11:29:28PM
Hey Smasher, you been here over a year, you know how we submit news pieces, edit that shit, and keep your personal feelings out of the thread title.
Bubbles
11/19/12 11:35:05PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Bubbles

then you pay the 50 for a one rounder that coulda been a 5 rounder real fight...I guess youd rather see Rousey than a five rounder say Machida Henderson?

Basically what you are saying then is you will agree to pay the same for a less product...

a) I don't need to pay $50....I have friends to split the cost. I assume you don't
b) I guess none of us should ever buy an Anderson fight or a HW title fight that headlines a PPV anymore because they end in the 1st round too

prophecy033
11/19/12 11:37:58PM
Could you do us all a favor and not put your opinion in the title for the thread. If you do, throw it somewhere other than the news forum.
prophecy033
11/19/12 11:39:32PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Hey Smasher, you been here over a year, you know how we submit news pieces, edit that shit, and keep your personal feelings out of the thread title.

shit, didnt see you post this
Chael_Sonnen
11/20/12 12:00:34AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Dana says Rousey will headline a pay per view...

Link

Hey king_ _ _SMUSHer - - -

Cooler is a bit lonely, why don't you take your crooked hat and your chin strap, drawn in beard over to his dumpster and ya'll can play pin the tail on the D-Bag

I'd drop $100.00 to see Ms. Ronda fight some bum in the cheap seats.....
FastKnockout
11/20/12 12:01:58AM
Not to be that guy or anything.. but I'd prefer if you didn't toss your own opinion in the title..

EDIT: Didn't read the comments before posting. Guess I'm not the only one who feels that way.
sparky
11/20/12 12:22:53AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Bubbles

I think Rousey as a main event for a ppv is a great idea. I will definitely purchase this one and ill purchase it in HD, so thats 70$ I know that drives you even more nuts dont it. I'm perfectly fine with a 1 round fight. I would much rather watch Ronda arm bar someone in the first round then watch Machida back pedal away from Hendo all fight and get awarded the decision. .

On a side note WAR ROUSEY
frizzzlecake
11/20/12 12:27:43AM
Worth the stream.
jay98107
11/20/12 12:28:03AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Bubbles

I for one believe that Anderson Silva cards should cost 2/5 of GSP cards, because Anderson finishes a lot more fights
tallica62
11/20/12 12:32:11AM
I love how Dana is such a hypocrite. I wouldn't be surprised if next week he says now she's demoted to 1st prelim fight. And then a week after that she's soloing an entire UFC card

I think he has a crush on her too..it's cute
BigBadAl
11/20/12 5:41:33AM

Posted by tallica62

I love how Dana is such a hypocrite. I wouldn't be surprised if next week he says now she's demoted to 1st prelim fight. And then a week after that she's soloing an entire UFC card

I think he has a crush on her too..it's cute

Yeah he does have a crush. He's probably already smashed her back doors in.
mrsmiley
11/20/12 5:50:18AM
Okay so we know they now have a womens division and that Rousey will headline a PPV. Now we just need to know who else is in the division.
I'm not really sure what to think yet since the details are still scarce ........... It seems though their's not a lot of real official stuff yet.
Can't wait to see how this all pans out.
prozacnation1978
11/20/12 8:14:11AM
I just hope it ain't Ufc 157
Unless they stack that card deep
scoozna
11/20/12 10:05:37AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Bubbles

a) I don't need to pay $50....I have friends to split the cost. I assume you don't
b) I guess none of us should ever buy an Anderson fight or a HW title fight that headlines a PPV anymore because they end in the 1st round too

I had to STL, but I'll quote this because it's about as good a comeback as one will see today.
KingCmb
11/20/12 10:36:40AM
im just not a fan until the weight class deepens if she main events one or two cards then disapears because theres no new challenges it was a waste of everyones time
bjj1605
11/20/12 2:46:35PM
While I respect her right to fight and I applaud the UFC for treating her the same as all the other champs....

I wouldn't buy this card unless there were several awesome main event fights.

Just not interested in this.
calitrees
11/20/12 3:29:58PM
Headline an FX or Fox card would be cool but main event on PPV is a bad idea in my opinion. Womens MMA doesnt have enough exposer with mainstream fans yet for her to carry a PPV with her name. Unless the fight is against Cyborg it wouldnt be Main Event material(fine dime vs Blanka from street fighter would sell). That being said i would love to see the her headline a fox card. That would get tons of people tuning in and whe would blow everyone who has never seen her fight away for free.

george112
11/20/12 4:20:07PM
The main event of a PPV is a mistake.

Dana knows this and I bet it will be stacked to compensate for it.

The women's division will be out of here when/if the cards dont rack in the $$ .
machodog76
11/20/12 7:30:41PM
I like how so many people say there is so little interest in her or women’s MMA but if you look at the amount of comments on any thread about her/it there’s at least twice as many as any other thread on the board. She's a polarizing person and an exciting fighter to watch. She reminds me of what Chael would be if he could actually back up his trash talk. I'd prefer a co-main event slot myself though.