Ronda Rousey: Georges St. Pierre is popular because he's 'good-looking' and Canadian

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ronda Rousey: Georges St. Pierre is popular because he's 'good-looking' and Canadian
FastKnockout
1/15/13 2:41:00PM
UFC women's bantamweight champion has a well-deserved reputation for just saying what she thinks, and that trend continued recently. In a recent interview with the Las Vegas Review Journal, Rousey was asked about a variety of subjects including judo, her "bad girl attitude". But without a doubt, the most interesting comments she made were in reference to the UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre.

Link
cowcatcher
1/15/13 2:45:33PM
Clearly her looks have nothing to do with her popularity.
prophecy033
1/15/13 2:49:50PM

Posted by cowcatcher

or that she love's herself some man meat
airkerma
1/15/13 3:09:15PM
Canadian and popular are polar opposites
MuayThaiGeek13
1/15/13 3:14:08PM
"Because he's Canadian"

Not true. He would be much more popular if he was American.but he's still one of the most popular fighters ever. Really puts his greatness into perspective.
Chael_Sonnen
1/15/13 3:22:59PM
Georgey is good looking? Apparently I didn't get the memo.
BeeR
1/15/13 3:45:10PM
dumbest interview ever.
shaneTpain
1/15/13 3:49:15PM
How come all Canadians are so naturally sexy???

Twenty20Dollars
1/15/13 4:17:36PM
He's popular b/c that's how he was programmed, to make people like him, b/c GSP is a cyborg created from Skynet.

Manak
1/15/13 4:26:04PM
the more she talks the more i dislike her.. yes his aesthetics do play but a lot has to to with the fact he is such a dominant champ and the way he carries himself
Poor_Franklin
1/15/13 4:41:54PM
Dberntson
1/15/13 4:56:49PM
Or the fact that he is the most dominant welterweight champ of all time, went 3 years or more without losing a round (not sure on the exact number of years), is the #2 PfP fighter (in my opinion), and is arguably one of the greatest fighters of all time at any weight. Also it doesnt hurt that he is respectful and pretty humble. Yeah, no reason to like this guy.
Budgellism
1/15/13 5:09:58PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Exactly...
BigBadAl
1/15/13 5:27:54PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by cowcatcher

Exactly...

Looks? She reminds me a bit of a shaved Harry from Harry and the Hendersons.
BeeR
1/15/13 5:31:49PM
id hate too see what you find attractive
Budgellism
1/15/13 5:41:32PM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by cowcatcher

Exactly...

Looks? She reminds me a bit of a shaved Harry from Harry and the Hendersons.

I have no idea what that is but I don't personally think she's attractive. A lot of people do though for some reason.
Pookie
1/15/13 6:04:22PM
Well yeah. Clearly. Make him an ugly Brazilian and his cards would literally get half the ppv buys.

Also, for those who didnt read she was prompted with the question if she thinks her being attractive has played a big part in her career.
Poor_Franklin
1/15/13 7:44:47PM
im going to go ahead & answer the question you've all been thinking...

GSP Unanimous Decision.
prophecy033
1/15/13 9:42:41PM
Shes good looking but my god her attitude is a turn off.
MMA-San
1/16/13 12:16:47AM
I'm positive GSP is gay. Nothing wrong with it, I think if hr came out it would actually be good for the UFC and his reputation.
FlashyG
1/16/13 12:27:26AM

Posted by Pookie

Well yeah. Clearly. Make him an ugly Brazilian and his cards would literally get half the ppv buys.

Also, for those who didnt read she was prompted with the question if she thinks her being attractive has played a big part in her career.

I'm not sure him being ugly would make much of a difference at all in his PPV sales. His being Canadian is a big reason why he does so well though.

His looks would only be relevant if you think there are a lot of women buying PPV's,

Posted by MMA-San

I'm positive GSP is gay. Nothing wrong with it, I think if hr came out it would actually be good for the UFC and his reputation.

So you don't suspect or think he might be, you're "positive" he is?

Have you 2 hooked up or something? Otherwise how can you be certain of his sexual orientation?

More importantly, what does that have to do with this thread?
prophecy033
1/16/13 12:45:44AM

Posted by MMA-San

smh
george112
1/16/13 6:01:24AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by MMA-San

smh

Lol
Franklinfan47
1/16/13 11:28:28AM
Shes not entirely wrong. I know lots of women who are GSP fans simply because of how he looks. And everyone knows Canadians are inherently sexy

But lets be real, Rousey wouldnt have the majority of her fans if she looked like Cris Cyborg.
Bubbles
1/16/13 12:51:50PM
it's also the reason why we all drool over Teh Sex:

scpd400
1/16/13 2:56:11PM
Is she just trying to piss off GSP? He's the golden child why make him mad?
BeeR
1/16/13 6:33:38PM
because she's probably been on the yogurt slinging end of Nick Diaz so she feels the need to trash talk the french fry
prozacnation1978
1/17/13 7:44:28AM
Not the fact that he's been in the Ufc for ages or the fact
That besides Silva he is the most dominant Ufc champ ever.

Everything out of rousey mouth she is just trying to be like sonnen
40ouncetofreedom
1/17/13 8:12:28AM
The fact that he is Canadian makes me not like him, The only Canadians i root for play for the Pittsburgh Penguins.

I Joke...i like you Canada, After all you're Americas hat.

Bubbles
1/17/13 8:58:20AM

Posted by iwannabesedated

The fact that he is Canadian makes me not like him, The only Canadians i root for play for the Pittsburgh Penguins.

I Joke...i like you Canada, After all you're Americas hat.