Ronda Rousey Adds the Diaz Brothers to Her Training Routine

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ronda Rousey Adds the Diaz Brothers to Her Training Routine
prophecy033
3/27/12 1:18:17AM
The next time Ronda Rousey defends her Strikeforce bantamweight title, she may have developed a new way to mean mug her opponent.

Following a brief vacation that she earned by submitting Miesha Tate in early March, Rousey is already getting back into the gym, and she’s adding some new training partners to her routine.

Rousey will be heading to Stockton, Calif., to work with Nick and Nate Diaz as well as the team at Cesar Gracie jiu-jitsu as she starts preparing for her next title defense.

“Yeah, I’m going up there from the 3rd to the 16th (of April) and it’s going to be the first time ever since I started doing MMA that I’m going to be training for an actual extended period of time away from my core camp, who I’ve always been with,” Rousey told MMAWeekly Radio recently.

Link
prophecy033
3/27/12 1:19:28AM
With all the shit they all talk, it's a match made in heaven. The thing is, i like me a sassy girl. That shit's kinda sexy
Cooler
3/27/12 1:26:05AM
This brings a new meaning to, puff puff, pass.

guard pass that is...
Budgellism
3/27/12 2:01:42AM
Good move on her part. She seems to fit in well with them. They'll help clean up her stand up as well.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
3/27/12 8:21:27AM
she would haha...they might as well be related the way they act.
kopower
3/27/12 8:40:45AM

Posted by Budgellism

Good move on her part. She seems to fit in well with them. They'll help clean up her stand up as well.

Wallass
3/27/12 10:03:35AM
Eventhough all these fighters are good, this has to be the most annoying camp of all time. Especially with Chael visiting from time to time. Rousey's proof that if you talk smack like eveything your saying is a fact, no one will check for themselves that she's wrong.
Kpro
3/27/12 12:12:31PM

Posted by Wallass

Rousey's proof that if you talk smack like eveything your saying is a fact, no one will check for themselves that she's wrong.

I must have missed some comments she made, busy week. What did she say that people will check on what she said and find out she's wrong?
Bubbles
3/27/12 12:30:30PM
They can help her with her striking and she can teach them (more so Nate for his upcoming fight) some Judo. Win-win all the way around
KungFuMaster
3/27/12 12:38:34PM
Was this before or after she added their attitudes in her routine?
Kpro
3/27/12 12:43:07PM
Nick began training Sambo before he ever started with BJJ under a Bulgarian National Sambo champion and still trains with him to this day as Val Ignatov is the Sambo coach for Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu Academy. He talks about it in his half hour interview pre-UFC 143. A ton of Sambo's roots are in Judo, so I think with a dozen years experience, she'll get her game more well-rounded in striking and jitz, but Nick can give her more of a run for her money in Judo than some may think.
prophecy033
3/27/12 1:03:45PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Wallass

Rousey's proof that if you talk smack like eveything your saying is a fact, no one will check for themselves that she's wrong.

I must have missed some comments she made, busy week. What did she say that people will check on what she said and find out she's wrong?

I was wondering that myself
tcunningham
3/27/12 1:30:41PM
if she can get her striking half as good as her arm-locks and judo i see her keeping the belt for a long time. i think she is making a good move by training with cesar's guys, beyond the obvious shit talking skills, they should really help her round out her game.
machodog76
3/27/12 1:32:48PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Wallass

I was wondering that myself

Me too.
BuffaloDave
3/27/12 2:48:10PM
Those lucky S.O.B.'s