Ronda is the new Royce for women

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Ronda is the new Royce for women
1kaday
6/20/13 3:44:14PM
There's no dominant submission person in any division that can tap everyone out except Ronda Rousey . Do you think there ever will be a guy who can tap everyone out to win a belt?

You got strikers who dominant, wrestlers who dominate, but not bjj guys.
Ronda is the closest to that , even though it's being done with just one sub: the armbar.

Ronda Rousey on Judo vs Wrestling
TheShaman
6/20/13 9:22:02PM
I've been comparing the female division to the early UFC, but for a slightly different reason, but one that would still make Rousey into Royce...

There are so few female fighters on the big stage, and most of them haven't even fought at a UFC event yet, so we will end up knowing what each one is capable of and with a limited number of possible match-ups... Like how there was just Tank Abbott, Dan Severn, Royce Gracie, etc. in the early days, and of course, one of them being an unbeatable submission artist.

However, I'm not sure how much credence we can put into Rousey's skills since she has only had 7 fights, and only one of those in the UFC. The more she does it, the more everyone will be able to prepare for it. I'm not sure if she will be able to do what Gracie did now that MMA has evolved so much, or once the female division grows and attracts better fighters.

P.S. If someone would start a thread that takes an in-depth look at the female UFC roster so we can get to know all of them better, that would be really cool... Something like, "An Introduction to the Female Bantamweight Division" or "Getting To Know Your Female Fighters"
prozacnation1978
6/20/13 10:46:38PM
I'll tell you right now if cyborg makes 135
She is knocking everyone out including rousey
Michael_Corleone
6/21/13 2:21:35AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I'll tell you right now if cyborg makes 135
She is knocking everyone out including rousey

NOPE.
frizzzlecake
6/21/13 4:09:19AM
[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/boshi-h/media/reaction/8940829.jpg.html][/URL]

If I'td compare her to anyone from around that era, it would be Frank Samrock.