Roman Mitichyan Vs. George Sotiropoulos (UFC Fight Night April)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Roman Mitichyan Vs. George Sotiropoulos (UFC Fight Night April)
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
2/13/08 1:19:39AM
Added, I say Roman takes it.
jomatty
2/13/08 2:33:00AM
i dont know enough about roman to say but he certainly seems tough...this should be a good fight.
CornishMMA
2/13/08 6:37:07AM
source?

would be odd for them to have 10 on a FN card?!? well unless 1 of remaining rumored fights doesnt come on this event (edgar vs maynard and irvin vs houston)
BlazinSaddle
2/13/08 6:44:50AM

Posted by CornishMMA

source?

would be odd for them to have 10 on a FN card?!? well unless 1 of remaining rumored fights doesnt come on this event (edgar vs maynard and irvin vs houston)

its on the playground dude, pick a winner
CornishMMA
2/13/08 6:52:19AM
Yeah it had just never been posted as news, maybe nowhere picked it up but the UFC added it to the event page, i refuse to pick a winner just yet, thats a tough fight for both guys!
gartface
2/13/08 8:57:15AM
Roman!

WAR ARMENIA!!!
kevietre
2/13/08 10:31:36AM
George Sotiropoulous by submission even though Roman is good at submissions I think George is more well rounded and will catch him. I was impressed with George on TUF.
gartface
2/13/08 12:26:45PM
I think that if Roman wouldn't have broken his elbow he'd of been in the finale with Mac.
waylon_o
2/13/08 1:13:11PM
I'm thinking George takes this by sub.
xchickox
2/13/08 1:30:47PM

Posted by CornishMMA

both of them fights are confirmed here
Lay_N_Pray
2/13/08 2:11:40PM
I think its a great fight, but I will take George by submission in the 2nd or 3rd. Though Roman can be aggressive and has some decent throws and takedowns. George can be passive and that could bite him in the back.
CornishMMA
2/13/08 4:17:28PM

Posted by xchickox

Posted by CornishMMA

thanks anyway but

Posted by CornishMMA

Yeah it had just never been posted as news, maybe nowhere picked it up but the UFC added it to the event page

I was sure they would be confirmed as that, not like the UFC would ditch Houston for that loss when they still have those 2 KO wins to sell him to the casual UFC audience - as well as Irvins flying knee highlight reel

George will be the favourite im sure but Roman could be good, just havnt seen enough of him to know
aolverizon
2/13/08 11:54:57PM
damn this is a tuf one, i think im gonna take Roman by sub in the first.
buram
2/14/08 2:07:22AM
Aussie George won't get caught in a sub to easily and his standup should be stronger.. c'mon aussie!

JBatch
2/14/08 3:02:48PM
This is going to be a great fight, its too bad it probably won't be aired as it will go to decision. These guys are both great all over the place and both are tough as hell. I see it going to decision but George taking it due to superior striking and pushing the pace of the fight.
DevonFoxy
2/14/08 3:23:24PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by xchickox

Posted by CornishMMA

thanks anyway but

Posted by CornishMMA

Yeah it had just never been posted as news, maybe nowhere picked it up but the UFC added it to the event page

I was sure they would be confirmed as that, not like the UFC would ditch Houston for that loss when they still have those 2 KO wins to sell him to the casual UFC audience - as well as Irvins flying knee highlight reel

George will be the favourite im sure but Roman could be good, just havnt seen enough of him to know

Yea this one is a hard one I agree we saw George get knocked out by Tommy but was great in his other matches including his last one. I don't know who to go with honestly as Roman looks very game but he subbed Price whose weakness is when the fight hits the ground so could be a great match. Pretty interested.
fedorwins1
2/14/08 4:50:38PM
George 2nd rd sub. Mitichyan is not on the level of Sotiropoulos on the mat.
gartface
2/15/08 8:52:32AM

Posted by fedorwins1

George 2nd rd sub. Mitichyan is not on the level of Sotiropoulos on the mat.

He's one of Gokor's boys of course he'll have good ground game.
The_Notorious_ZIG
2/15/08 2:05:03PM
There is no way a Gokor guy gets submitted. Roman by straight achilles lock in the 1st round. Bet the house.
CornishMMA
2/15/08 2:20:48PM
Im feeling it, i just wish we saw Roman on the show properly .............. rather than imtimdating a wimpy doctor

George does have good hands though and im ot sure on Romans, will be interesting to see the picks and odds on this fight
gartface
2/15/08 2:47:27PM
I love that avatar, is that Shinya Aoki?
The_Notorious_ZIG
2/15/08 3:24:21PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Im feeling it, i just wish we saw Roman on the show properly .............. rather than imtimdating a wimpy doctor

George does have good hands though and im ot sure on Romans, will be interesting to see the picks and odds on this fight

George's hands are better for sure and he is definitely better on the ground than Dorian is....but Roman will take it to the ground and finish it as quick as possible. But I do think he will have a much tougher time if it goes passed the first round. I don't think Roman can win a decision....he'll have to submit him.
buram
2/15/08 6:57:25PM
A Serra guy won't get subbed to easily either...
Franklinfan47
2/16/08 6:14:15PM
I can't see either of them pulling off a submission since they both seem pretty skilled on the ground. I say George by decision.