Roger Huerta Signs New Deal With UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Roger Huerta Signs New Deal With UFC
MMAcca
12/9/08 5:32:41PM
Popular lightweight Roger Huerta has apparently mended fences with the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He signed a new five-fight contract on Monday...

LINK
manalito
12/9/08 5:42:02PM
Hell geaaaah!!! Wishhe would have signed earlier man, would have loved to see Nate vs Roger at UFC 94!!!
Wolfenstein
12/9/08 5:45:26PM
That's good news. Not a huge fan of Roger though. He seems a little fragile mentally.

After his loss to Kenny it seemed like he was blaming it on his training at Jackson's. Apparently he felt like it was just training and their was no comraderie. So he's gone back to training with his old crew. Obviously others at the camp are having a great deal of success and if he had payed attention to the nipple tweak while he was at Jackson's he probably never would have lost in the first place.

He just strikes me as the kind of fighter that needs to be babied, and receive constant affirmation like "Oh Roger you're the best" or something to that extent.

That said he's a very talented and well rounded fighter, and somewhere down the road in maybe 3-4 years he may challenge for the title.
bls1919
12/9/08 5:46:23PM
Sweet. Good for El Matador. At leazst Dana and "THE BOYS" managed to get this contract right.
Jackelope
12/9/08 5:47:02PM
I agree with you Wolf, but when you factor in how he grew up you can't blame the guy for having that attitude.

I don't exactly root for Roger, but I appreciate his struggle.
Twenty20Dollars
12/9/08 5:49:56PM
prozacnation1978
12/9/08 5:51:10PM
he'll probably fight in march agaist a clementi, stout, fisher or maynard
Jackelope
12/9/08 5:57:05PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

he'll probably fight in march agaist a clementi, stout, fisher or maynard

The fight would make sense for Maynard, but I wouldn't mind watching any of these step in there with Huerta. They're all gamers
EvenFlow
12/9/08 6:09:23PM
My mexican buddies call him something in spanish, I cant remember what it is but I think it translates into a "pretty boy" type of chicano.

Anyway I always root for the guy he's always exciting and I could care less what dude's look like to be honest lol, I'm more interested in Arianny the drunk blonde in the front row or the actual fight.

I picked him to beat Guida which was a hard pick to make but oddly enough I picked Kenny to win by UD in Rogers hometown go figure, I hope his striking gets more crisp because Kenny walked around him avoiding a brawl.
ziegler3334
12/9/08 6:54:01PM
I have no strong feelings either way towards huerta. But however you feel about him, you have to admit he is an exciting fighter. I'm very glad the UFC picked up the check and kept him around. He'll make a lot of interesting match-ups in the future. Personally, i would love to see him fight spencer fisher. I think that could end up being a war.
breakdown5
12/9/08 7:21:55PM
Huerta is an entertaining fighter for sure. I wonder if the UFC caved and gave him the "BJ Penn" type money he was looking for.
cheesy-maggot
12/9/08 10:04:28PM
I wonder if they are going to give him another top guy, or are they going to try to give him a fight so that he could get back in the winning side of things.
Manfred
12/9/08 11:22:10PM
Because where else are you going to go?

I'm glad he'll be fighting again soon but I think the delay was so Roger can go check out what else is out there and come back grovelling.
MMAcca
12/10/08 12:49:41AM

Posted by breakdown5

Huerta is an entertaining fighter for sure. I wonder if the UFC caved and gave him the "BJ Penn" type money he was looking for.

I doubt it. He doesnt deserve it and he already pissed off Dana, so...
cmill21
12/10/08 12:59:25AM

Posted by Manfred

Because where else are you going to go?

I'm glad he'll be fighting again soon but I think the delay was so Roger can go check out what else is out there and come back grovelling.

Yeah we need Dream or Affliction to boom. While Dream has the finances they are starting to spend them on fighters that will draw the Japanese fans(great move iMO) and ignoring top guys that aren't known in Japan. Roger didn't have anywhere else to go.
theguido
12/10/08 2:07:16AM
Great news a fight against Diaz is what I'm waitin for.
jakeiceman
12/10/08 2:08:43AM
Rematch Guida!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His ass will go down the next time around!!!
emac_cleary
12/10/08 8:49:28AM
great news it would make my year if he is put on the ufc 95 card cos he's one of my fav fighters an i'll be there