Has Roger Huerta lost his heart???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Has Roger Huerta lost his heart???
Charles_Wuss
9/15/08 11:31:17PM
I watched Rogers last fight again, and it seems like he just wasnt in the fight. He just wasnt the Roger we all have known.
Mchubb316
9/15/08 11:46:14PM
I don't think that he has lost his heart. Florian is underated in my opinion, and outclassed Huerta. It was the first time he has fought like that in the UFC. If he comes out next time and looks lackluster, then maybe you can say he isn't motivated to fight as he once was. I think next time Huerta fights he will be more like his old self.
WrestlersAssassin
9/15/08 11:57:28PM
Props to Kenny for a superior gameplan against Huerta which is to stick and move/pick his shots, we all know Huerta's chin/heart is among the best and hes a brawler at heart but Kenny didnt let him do that and that is why Huerta's heart didnt come into play like in the Guida fight in which Clay brought it to him all fight long. I would still pick Huerta to beat Kenny but the gameplan decided that fight.
Twenty20Dollars
9/16/08 12:09:41AM
thats what happens when you fight a top guy and both guys just neutralize each other into a decision.
Aaronno9
9/16/08 2:18:04AM
I dont think he lost his heart so to speak, i just think he realised he was out classed and had no way of winning the fight and it made him drop his head a little. He'll be back no doubt, but i just think once he gets the the kenny florians and Joe stevensons of the division he'll get knocked down a notch again.
Aether
9/16/08 3:45:09AM
I didn't see any way for him to beat kenny personally. I think Florian is arguably top 5 of the division. Roger just finally faced someone near the top of the heap.
Rush
9/16/08 9:48:40AM

Posted by Aether

I didn't see any way for him to beat kenny personally. I think Florian is arguably top 5 of the division. Roger just finally faced someone near the top of the heap.

Ditto

jomatty
9/16/08 11:14:13AM
huerta still has heart but heart doesnt allow you to overcome someone with that much of a technical advantage of all aspects of mma...
fullerene
9/17/08 10:08:59AM
Good comments so far. To add to the overall impression that it was Florian who caused the lackluster performance, I think that Florian is a very technically sound striker. He has economical and accurate strikes, good defense and good movement and timing...if you ever have the misfortune of sparring/fighting with somebody who has those qualities you will see that it quickly drains your confidence and eventually your energy level when you can never get the guy quite lined up correctly for your shots and yet he seems to always be able to do that to you.

I was impressed that Huerta didn't get finished, tbh. It was obvious that he was having trouble and Florian is an excellent finisher. I think Huerta's energy level and heart served him well in not allowing this to happen.