Roger Huerta vs Kenny Florian vs Joe Stevenson

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Roger Huerta vs Kenny Florian vs Joe Stevenson
POLL: how does Huerta do against Florian and Joe Daddy
beats florian and daddy 15% (4)
beats florian but not daddy 33% (9)
beats daddy but not florian 7% (2)
loses both 37% (10)
I HATE ROGER HUERTA!!!! 4% (1)
I love Roger and wanna bear his kids 4% (1)
veritas
12/9/07 3:19:06AM
Its hard to tell where Huerta stands ater his IMPRESSIVE performance tonight...he's gotta be close to top 10, and for sure in the top 5 or so LWs in the UFC...I wonder how he wouls fare against Florian and Stevenson....
cmill21
12/9/07 3:36:15AM
I really hope he beats Kenny, I acctually hope anyone beats Kenny.
rabbit915
12/9/07 10:25:43AM
As much as it pains me to admit it as a KenFlo fan, Huerta manged to hold off an offensive onslaught by Guida and im not sure Kenny has enough power to finish the fight. He might be able to win by decision.

Stevenson on the other hand, i think would knock him out.
madmarck
12/9/07 10:27:57AM
I cant see how Kenny Florian is still so underated. Besides the fact that he is pretty lank he has won every fight in the155lb divison excpet against Sherk.
He just beat Din Thomas and he handled guys in his other two fights.

I think Kenny beats Huerta 7 times outta 10. Would be a good fight though. Wouldnt see any lay and pray there.
disorderlyvision
12/9/07 10:59:59AM

Posted by madmarck

I cant see how Kenny Florian is still so underated. Besides the fact that he is pretty lank he has won every fight in the155lb divison excpet against Sherk.

I think Kenny beats Huerta 7 times outta 10. Would be a good fight though. Wouldnt see any lay and pray there.

din injured his knee, kenny didnt really beat him in any way. din takes a rematch imo.
SexPanther
12/9/07 11:24:39AM
i think he loses to stevenson

vs. huerta he has a shot but id still pick huerta
AchillesHeel
12/9/07 12:15:18PM
My current UFC Top 15 at 155 lbs:

B.J. Penn
2. Joe Stevenson
3. Kenny Florian
4. Frank Edgar
5. Tyson Griffin

6. Din Thomas
7. Spencer Fisher
8. Roger Huerta
9. Clay Guida
10. Thiago Tavares

11. Marcus Aurelio
12. Nate Diaz
13. Joe Lauzon
14. Mac Danzig
15. Melvin Guillard

Not ranked: Hermes Franca, Sean Sherk

If Diego Sanchez drops to 155, he'll probably be ranked #4.

EDIT: On second thought, I switched Florian and Stevenson, but it's kind of a coin-toss.
KeNn
12/9/07 12:26:08PM
I think Roger Huerta will beat them both, because he showed a ton of heart vs Clay, and I think he has the power to finish them both.
ohiostate1016
12/10/07 2:09:21AM
This was a very tough decision, but I said that he would lose to both. Huerta is a really good up and coming guy, but he's still young. You could see him getting frustrated in that fight against Guida, and he almost lost because of it. He's going to get pushed around by the top guys at 155, and he can't get frustrated like he did last night. I love Clay Guida, but he's mainly an energy guy. He always goes full force, and he is a bit wreckless. That's why a recomposed Huerta was able to take is back and choke him out. Florian and Daddy are both way better than Guida, and neither one of them will make that mistake.

Huerta vs. Florian. What a fight this would be. I love both guys, and it would be a very difficult one to pick. But I'd have to say that Florian would win via decision (possibly even a split). Florian is more composed than Huerta, and it would come down to the small things like that.

Huerta vs. Daddy. This would be another great fight. But Daddy knows how to finish people. I think that Stevenson would find a way to capitalize on one of Huerta's mistakes (like he did against Guillard) and would eventually get him in a bad position and submit him.
KYGUY07
12/10/07 8:36:17AM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Posted by madmarck

din injured his knee, kenny didnt really beat him in any way. din takes a rematch imo.

still din seemed weird coming intot hat fight, i thibk kenny would have taken it anyway, hes underrated as hell imo.
Boo_Radley21
12/10/07 9:10:09AM
I think Huerta would beat Kenny. He has shown good scrambles and the ability to get up when he is taken to the ground, or even stop them on the ground. (Doug Evans, Alberto Crane, and Clay Guida) although Evans and Crane were newcomers to the UFC their biggest skill was ground fighting. Evans being wrestling and Crane being jiu jitsu. Huerta was able to avoid any serious danger from either of them and ended up stopping them on the ground. Same with Guida. However, I think Stevenson would be a way tougher matchup for Huerta. He's got that short solid build and is a good, strong grappler with good submissions. But Huerta has good striking and pushes a fight, and I can't remember Stevenson's chin really being tested in the UFC. If the fight stayed standing it would go to Huerta IMO, but if Stevenson was able to get him down he would probably be able to do better than any of Huerta's opponents lately.
fullerene
12/10/07 11:11:34AM
Huerta has shown a lot of good qualties and there's no reason he couldn't beat those two and a lot of other good fighters.

But my rule of thumb in any combat sport is to bet against the unproven guy moving up a level in competition and that picks the right guy 7 out of 10 times. So I'd favor Florian or Stevenson over him if they fought.
CantAndleDaRiddum
12/17/07 11:54:53AM
i hate to admit that i love roger huerta and want to bear his kids, but i already have 2 with my boy kenflo right now

but my opinion on the fights.....huerta loses both
but they would be VERY CLOSE
cowcatcher
12/17/07 12:08:26PM
i think huerta beats both guys, with stevenson being the tougher fight for him. kenflo is way underrated by some, but i think that huerta would be so active on the ground that he would give kenny a hard time. on the feet i think huerta has the advantage over kenny as well.
stevenson is going to be stronger than huerta, but not as good of a striker, so if huerta can keep some distance between himself and joe he should have the edge. if/when it hits the ground joe does control guys well from the top, but huerta is slick and never in one position for too long and that might frustrate joe. i see that one being close, but im not going to doubt huerta at this point until he gives me reason to.
rameydl8
12/18/07 11:15:56AM
huerta would have a chance against florian but joe daddy would handle roger....joe is a strong lw and has sick submissions
CornishMMA
12/18/07 1:13:23PM
I think Kennys strikes and particularly kicks are better, but that would be Huertas best chance as i give him very little chance of beating Daddy, he would do what Clay did but for 3 rds for sure