roger huerta interview

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » roger huerta interview
POLL: go you think huerta is future champ?
yes 45% (9)
no 55% (11)
chentay2112
4/11/07 7:11:32PM
i posted this because i was really impressed with the way he is so respectful of GARCIA after the fight and for a young lad of 23 i think he can go a long way in the ufc

post fight interview
fedorwins1
4/11/07 7:23:42PM
He's good and very young, but I don't see him as champ material. Who knows tho this guy could be the GSP of lighweights.
Stickan
4/11/07 7:39:52PM
He's athletic, great wrestling, aggressive as hell and got good ground n pound. I think he needs to keep his chin down though against LWs like Guillard and even Franca but most UFC LWs are ground fighters so I think he can go pretty far before he gets defeated. It's how he handles that loss that will determine if he's champ material or not.

The loss to Schultz was a long time ago.
shawneth
4/11/07 8:39:41PM
Its kinda hard to tell yet as he hasnt faced any higher level competition. He did fight Guillard a while back (got whooped pretty badly from what i saw) but he could have improved greatly since them.

He possibly could develop into a champ. He is still very young and seems to have a complete game with minor tweaks needed.
methodman_90
4/12/07 9:52:22AM
I like his agressive technical style and could be a real contender in the LW division. I want to see how well he would do against a good striker like Sam Stout or Melvin Guillard to test his defense and striking ability. It looks like the UFC is grooming him into a contender by putting him on the main card.
hippysmacker
4/12/07 9:53:59AM

Posted by methodman_90

I like his agressive technical style and could be a real contender in the LW division. I want to see how well he would do against a good striker like Sam Stout or Melvin Guillard to test his defense and striking ability. It looks like the UFC is grooming him into a contender by putting him on the main card.

I agree with everything you said accept the technical part
Manfred
4/12/07 10:22:32AM
I think it's too early to tell, so I put no.
cowcatcher
4/12/07 10:53:50AM
i was impressed by his heart and everything, but he doesnt seem to have a lot of power in his hands, and hes a little sloppy on his feet, although when youre in a war like he was against garcia i guess technicality goes out the window and you just go into beat the other guy up however you can mode. the guy could make some noise, but its too early for me to tell
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/12/07 5:17:39PM
He may not be champ material quite yet but he will for sure be a fan favorite if he keeps his aggressive style of fighting. Best fight of the nite IMO