roger huerta...future of LW division???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » roger huerta...future of LW division???
« Previous Page
TheRealClayman
7/9/07 12:07:52PM
As for Huerta , I love the guy and would not be surprised if he gets a title shot sooner than later.

I don't agree with whomever stated he would get beat by any of the TUF guys. Can you truly say that any of these lightweights were overly impressive from the show? Even Diaz got caught out a lot but was able to pull off the wins.

And last , I tjink it is funny that all of a sudden Sherk is a beast and heis the man this and that when just a few threads ago , everyone was talking about how he had crappy GNP and can't finish fights. He is either really good and is a beast or he is a chump champ who can't finish fights. He can't be both. So make up your minds.
DevonFoxy
7/9/07 12:11:39PM
woah I'm the biggest Joe Lauzon fan there is dont get me wrong, im driving the friggen bandwagon but i don't think he ready for Sherk. He has some time to learn and hes talking going to Hawaii and training with Penn which would be the best move of his career and i think that would make him a top guy but i don't see him beating Sherk just yet.
PaulyD
7/9/07 1:45:03PM
I'm a fan of Huerta too, he really comes to fight. Sure it took him until the second round to get started last time out, but I think he's certainly due a crack at one of the tops guys in the coming months. I don't think he'd have too many problems with TUF guys, but as everyone else has said, he's not well rounded enough to mix it up with the likes of BJ, Sherk etc just yet. Florian vs Huerta, now that'd be 100mph and no bullshit. Any takers?!
leeman
7/9/07 7:29:16PM
if B.J. sumhow loses to sherk i see a Griffin/Stevenson # 1 contender fight . Also another guy to keep an eye out for thiago tavares. Dude's JACKED for 155, BJJ blackbelt and has some nasty muay thai completely dominated jason black in his last fight and looks ready to move up the 155 ladder
kerazzle
7/9/07 10:50:33PM

Posted by leeman

if B.J. sumhow loses to sherk i see a Griffin/Stevenson # 1 contender fight . Also another guy to keep an eye out for thiago tavares. Dude's JACKED for 155, BJJ blackbelt and has some nasty muay thai completely dominated jason black in his last fight and looks ready to move up the 155 ladder

impr
I agree Tavares looks verrry impressive. Well rounded.
Pages: 1 [2]