Who should Roger Huerta fight next?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who should Roger Huerta fight next?
Next Page »
pinoymixplaya
10/24/08 1:54:28PM
After his loss to Kenny, should he get a newcomer/can or get another guy rising to the top like him? I am thinking either Terry Etim (which would be an awesome stand up battle), Manny Gamburyan, Cole Miller, or Joe Lauzon...

What do you guys think?
emfleek
10/24/08 2:01:31PM
Mac Danzig
DCRage
10/24/08 2:05:00PM
Nate Diaz was the first name I thought of.
Bowen50
10/24/08 2:18:34PM
winner of Clementi Vs. Maynard
Branwest
10/24/08 2:39:51PM
Terry Etim would make for a VERY interesting matchup. It would for sure be a stand-up battle. I think Manny Gamburyan would beat him with his wrestling. And Nate Diaz would pull off another submission (probably a triangle). So I say, lets test Etim, see if he needs to continue to step up to some more serious competition. Beating Huerta would be a great win for him, and a win for Huerta would be a good solid win for him.
mentalcase
10/24/08 3:52:20PM
Kurt Pellegrino or Robert Emerson
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/24/08 4:07:15PM

Posted by mentalcase

Kurt Pellegrino or Robert Emerson

either works for me
bullettdodger
10/24/08 4:47:08PM
Short answer: Anyone they put in front of him.
Long answer: Any of the fighters mentioned above.
Dumb Answer: Don King
higdon10
10/24/08 5:01:28PM
Lauzon
SpiderSilva
10/26/08 2:29:13AM
Sherk. Huerta thinks he is up there then put him with #2 while #1 is @ 170 this would seem like a tune up for Sherk

Huerta has what I like to call Vera syndrome
higdon10
10/26/08 2:33:11AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Huerta has what I like to call Vera syndrome

He sure does. One of the reasons I constantly root against him.
coldchillin
10/26/08 2:41:40AM
without a doubt should be Nate Diaz.
theguido
10/28/08 11:51:55AM
Seriously I think that Huerta is way above both of these fighters.
mrkennedy
10/28/08 12:06:43PM

Posted by Bowen50

winner of Clementi Vs. Maynard

or per eklund
copcopps
10/28/08 1:53:13PM
Depends on whether or not he's released or not. I would like to see him fight Neer
DevonFoxy
10/28/08 2:00:45PM

Posted by theguido

Seriously I think that Huerta is way above both of these fighters.

I respect you opinion but any of the fighters listed wold give him a all out war. He would not have a walk in the park against any of the fighters mentioned and would probably loose to couple.
prozacnation1978
10/29/08 12:06:59PM
no more cans for this guy
i say give him lauzon, clementi or even danzig next
have him fight sherk
higdon10
10/29/08 4:21:03PM
Tyson Griffin
ncordless
10/29/08 4:36:35PM
Out of what people have mentioned... I like Griffin or Neer.
mkiv9secsupra
10/29/08 6:42:35PM
Spencer Fisher vs Roger Huerta... Need i say more?
Wolfenstein
10/29/08 7:43:36PM
Definetely Nate Diaz would be the most exciting fight, and give both fighters a lot to gain and a lot to lose. Those are the kind of fights I like. When there's a lot at stake for both opponents.

Spencer Fisher would make a lot of sense as well.
higdon10
10/29/08 7:53:34PM
I don't think that Fisher makes much sense. He is a mid-level guy, and a win over him wouldn't do much for Huerta. I think that a guy like Griffin or Sherk is more of what we'll see. If he is gonna get a middle of the pack guy I would rather see him fight Neer or Franca.
Pookie
10/29/08 8:01:45PM
Tyson Griffin
Tavares
Fisher
Pellegrino

I like these match-ups stylistically for an exciting fight and they would all test Huerta.
Wolfenstein
10/29/08 8:06:54PM
I don't know why Spencer gets rated as a gatekeeper or second tier guy. I would just think a guy who has wins over Thiago Alves, Sam Stout, Josh Neer, and Matt Wiman would get a little more respect.

He's on a two fight winning streak and I think stylistically it makes for a standup war, between two guys that like to come forward and be the aggressor. So who's going to be the guy back-peddling? That's why I think it makes sense at least.
Pookie
10/29/08 8:08:43PM
haha franca would be a good one too. Constant power shots being thrown from both fighters.
mkiv9secsupra
10/29/08 11:29:33PM

Posted by higdon10

I don't think that Fisher makes much sense. He is a mid-level guy, and a win over him wouldn't do much for Huerta. I think that a guy like Griffin or Sherk is more of what we'll see. If he is gonna get a middle of the pack guy I would rather see him fight Neer or Franca.

I dont think Huerta is a top level yet. He hasnt beaten anyone other than Guida who dominated him for 2.5 rounds. Fisher has out struck Alves at a higher weight class. I dont think Huerta can hang with the top guys so the only thing that makes sense is fighting a well known b level fighter and Fisher is the perfect guy for him to fight to get him back into contention and would also be a fireworks show.

Btw, id still pick Fisher over Huerta
Jackelope
10/29/08 11:33:21PM
I'd go with Fisher over Huerta, too. Fisher is no joke at all and he is always one of those guys not getting the respect he deserves as a legitimate contender IMO
higdon10
10/29/08 11:43:27PM

Posted by Jackelope

I'd go with Fisher over Huerta, too. Fisher is no joke at all and he is always one of those guys not getting the respect he deserves as a legitimate contender IMO

Im not much of a Fisher fan. He has some good wins but I'm not convinced that he is anything more than a gatekeeper. Now I'm far from a Huerta nuthugger, but I think that he would beat Fisher.
mkiv9secsupra
10/30/08 12:00:01AM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Jackelope

Im not much of a Fisher fan. He has some good wins but I'm not convinced that he is anything more than a gatekeeper. Now I'm far from a Huerta nuthugger, but I think that he would beat Fisher.

i agree that Fisher is a gatekeeper. But i also feel he is one of(if not THE) best strikers at LW. But he has a very limited ground game and horrible td defense. But huerta isnt mouch more. He is a good striker with decent Gnp and not much more
pv3Hpv3p
10/30/08 10:55:14AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Spencer Fisher vs Roger Huerta... Need i say more?

I like the matchup on paper, but am afraid it would end up like Fisher / Edgar with Spencer being exposed as not having much game off his back for three rounds...

Speaking of Frankie... How bout a Huerta / Edgar fight?
Pages: [1] 2