Roger Heurta Signs With ONE FC, To Debut At ‘Destiny of Warriors’ Event This June

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Roger Heurta Signs With ONE FC, To Debut At ‘Destiny of Warriors’ Event This June
sparky
5/25/12 11:26:13AM
Matador’ Huerta (21-6-1, 1NC) has found his way across the Pacific Ocean, signing with the One Fighting Championship promotion.
The once highly touted 155-lbs fighter is set to make his promotional debut on June 23, 2012 at the upcoming ONE FC: Destiny of Warriors event set for the Stadium NEgara in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

News of his signing was announced by MMAFighting.com who confirmed the news with Huerta’s manager Ali Abdei Aziz of Dominance MMA.

No opponent was named for Huerta, but another Dominance MMA fighter was named as having signed with ONE FC in Gregor Gracie.

Link
FastKnockout
5/25/12 11:52:50AM
Nice! Hope One FC and Evolve MMA can keep improving the Asian scene.
Dberntson
5/25/12 2:56:38PM
Kind of feel sorry for Huerta. He went from the cover of sports illustrated moving up the UFC lightweight ranks to being cut by Bellator after two fights and then losing to War Machine in a second rate promotion. Quite a fast downfall. Hopefully he gets on a roll because I would like to see him get back into one of the bigger promotions - Strikeforce could use some new blood.

The brutal part of MMA is not the fighting, but how fast a fighters stock falls with a few losses. The old saying "a fighter is only as good as their last fight" is pretty accurate.
Wallass
5/25/12 2:57:51PM
I've always been Huerta fan plus dudes damn handsome!
Dberntson
5/25/12 3:07:04PM
Just want to make it clear, I like Huerta. He's a tough dude. I especially loved when he knocked out that ex Texas A&M football player after he hit a woman. Huerta's a stud. Just sucks that he had some bad breaks the last couple of fights.
cowcatcher
5/25/12 3:53:34PM

Posted by Wallass

I've always been Huerta fan plus dudes damn handsome!

I see you're using the DD fighter ranking system.
jae_1833
5/25/12 7:05:51PM
I think his problems are outside of the cage....living and training in Thailand (take ot from someone who has been there) cant be a good idea.....thats a non stop party beyond anything in America shy of Mardi Gras.