Roger Gracie Slated For 5/15 SF, Could Meet Randleman

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Roger Gracie Slated For 5/15 SF, Could Meet Randleman
DCRage
3/11/10 12:38:57PM
It appears that Roger Gracie's much-anticipated Strikeforce debut is finally set. Again. After a couple prior rumored debuts didn't quite work out, Gracie is now set to debut at the SF event on 5/15. Opponent TBA, but the leading possibility appears to be Kevin Randleman but that isn't confirmed, and if that doesn't happen a rumored Plan B is Sokoudjou.

Article
prozacnation1978
3/11/10 1:11:36PM
i hope he does better than rolles did
gartface
3/11/10 2:50:49PM
I'm so excited!

I've been wanting Roger Gracie to start fighting regularly since I saw him fight Ron Waterman in Bodog Fight.

With time he's going to be an absolute force. Think about a heavyweight Demian Maia.
Giant_Ochai
3/11/10 3:15:11PM

Posted by gartface

I'm so excited!

I've been wanting Roger Gracie to start fighting regularly since I saw him fight Ron Waterman in Bodog Fight.

With time he's going to be an absolute force. Think about a heavyweight Demian Maia.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Waterman is the perfect opponent to submit from the bottom and Yuki Kondo is a small middleweight who was a shot fighter at that point.
gartface
3/11/10 3:21:53PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by gartface

I'm so excited!

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Waterman is the perfect opponent to submit from the bottom and Yuki Kondo is a small middleweight who was a shot fighter at that point.

Given his jiu-jitsu credentials and some time in the cage he'll definitely become a force.
telnights
3/11/10 6:00:30PM
Well he needs to fight more but its nice to see him finally fighting again.
NatedawgThaM
3/11/10 6:09:19PM
Poor Randleman i think it'd be great for Rogers progress to fight Rabdleman and then Soko by the end of the year, I think the soko fight would be very exciting and pretty difficult one to pick because obviously Rogers would choke him out with his own dreads if it hits the ground, but could he avoid and possibly take Soko's heavy shots and take down soko who has a pretty solid judo background? Glad to see he's fighting tho as he could bring great things back for Gracies in MMA
State_Champ
3/11/10 6:49:38PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i hope he does better than rolles did

It'd be hard not to
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
3/11/10 11:53:35PM
really randleman??? strikeforce will come up with someone better, i dont mean a bigger name i just mean someone that is up and coming or new but with a simlilar record..i hope
Boo_Radley21
3/12/10 12:37:35AM
Screw Gracie, Randleman needs to come to the UFC.