rogan goin overboard w/ coture?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » rogan goin overboard w/ coture?
jdubs
3/4/07 10:42:07PM
props to coture but was rogan going overboard saying how amazed he was. that thing he kept doing w/ his eyes was soooo funny
poll77
3/5/07 12:41:53AM
rogan is dumb
TonyDanza
3/5/07 2:04:02AM
And wears questionable shirts.
crimethinc
3/5/07 2:38:03AM
I reacted the same way at home. I was amazed with Randy and his total domination too.
madmarck
3/5/07 6:43:22AM

Posted by crimethinc

I reacted the same way at home. I was amazed with Randy and his total domination too.

IM pretty sure there were a few of us that were beside ourselves with excitement. Kinda they same way when GSP beat Hughes.
hippysmacker
3/5/07 5:21:47PM
Everybody in my house was on their feet almost the entire time from that first knockdown. People were calling freinds on their cells as soon as it ended. Hugs, high fives , screaming was the mood of the day for us. I can't fault Rogan, I'm still in awe.
argile
3/5/07 5:27:55PM
It was excitement i wouldn't take it all that serious.
madmarck
3/5/07 6:39:31PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Everybody in my house was on their feet almost the entire time from that first knockdown. People were calling freinds on their cells as soon as it ended. Hugs, high fives , screaming was the mood of the day for us. I can't fault Rogan, I'm still in awe.

You have got smart friends. Mine we all "Yeah Kick fatty's ass you old man". Or maybe mine are just dum.
crimethinc
3/5/07 11:21:43PM
I watched it with about 5 other guys and two of my Team Horror teammates. We all thought Sylvia would take it and after that first punch dropped Tim an "oh F*ck" atmosphere took over for the next 25 minutes.
poll77
3/5/07 11:46:32PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by hippysmacker

You have got smart friends. Mine we all "Yeah Kick fatty's ass you old man". Or maybe mine are just dum.

sounds like the dumbasses i was at a bar with
Svartorm
3/6/07 2:45:02AM
The only upside to watching MMA at a bar is that its free, and you can hustle drunks on the fights.

"I don't know man, Mark Coleman is pretty big, but I think I'll put $20 on that chubby Russian guy hes fighting."
madmarck
3/6/07 9:38:03AM

Posted by poll77

Posted by madmarck

Posted by hippysmacker

sounds like the dumbasses i was at a bar with

My friends that actually know some MMA were out of town.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/6/07 11:05:22AM
Rogan was so emotional after the fight man,i dont think he went overboard...

me and my friends at home were yelling and going crazy cheering for couture the whole fight.....and we were also very happy and in shock when Couture pulled it off......and thats cuz WE only know randy though TV..its different when you dont know a guy behind the cameras....now imagine how Rogan felt...(,a man who is close to Couture,a man who looks up to him like a father and sits there and calls fights with him)

you could tell Rogan was so close to shedding a tear out of excitment,and i wouldnt blame him either
Baz
3/6/07 11:36:55AM

Posted by Svartorm

The only upside to watching MMA at a bar is that its free, and you can hustle drunks on the fights.

"I don't know man, Mark Coleman is pretty big, but I think I'll put $20 on that chubby Russian guy hes fighting."

Ha ha ha!!

Living in England means I can't do stuff like that, however that may change for UFC 70.
shackle
3/6/07 12:18:55PM
What a stupid post... It was a big shocker for most people.

My god stop the rogan flaming I think he does a wonderful job. He also is a hardcore MMA fan that works for UFC.

Looks like more sherdog members are coming over here. OMG don't let this place get as bad as sherdog lol!

cowcatcher
3/6/07 1:16:28PM
i like rogan's passion, he actually has a personality and really cares about the tempo, entertainment value, and outcomes of the fights. when randy did commentary he was insightful but brutally boring, dont get me wrong i love the guy as a fighter, but his announcing made me sleepy. as far as rogan looking at randy as a father figure, i dont really know about that one, seems alittle overboard.
Rich78
3/6/07 1:55:10PM

Darn straight, I prefer Joe Rogan to pretty much any other commentator, and I like the way he gets caught up in all the excitement. LMAO at his rant on fighters being made to stand up!
uhlsc
3/6/07 9:44:11PM
i like rogans work but it did seem that in the post fight interview he was screaming into the mic
hathcock32
3/8/07 12:44:52AM
Joe Rogan is god !!!
CincySaint
3/8/07 10:38:11PM
I know Rogan gets a little over the top sometimes, but let me tell ya. I was in the building, that place was ******* unreal. I have never heard, seen or felt anything like it. I am suprised Rogan could talk. And what is everyone's problem with Rogan. I am a huge Rogan fan and i will back that up. First off **** Carlos Mencia and Rogan punked his ass on stage infront of the crowd, back stage with other comedians, and showed everyone that Carlos is a no-talent, joke stealing bitch. So he has that going for him.
Secondly Rogan is bout it! He trains MMA, and yeah i know he doesn't fight, but he makes more money acting and doing stand up so fighting doesnt make sense. He showed he was ready to fight on celebrity Fear Factor. Even when the pro wrestler from the Real World broke them up he still was tryin to go around and get a punch in.
And thirdly he was on News Radio, definitely a hilarious show. We miss you Phil, lol.
So yeah hate Rogan all you want but how much of it is jealousy that he gets to sit ringside and watch the fights we love, or that he hangs out with the fighters we admire. Oh well I'm done stickin up for Rogan, back to making wagers, I'm out!!
Broknmunky
3/9/07 4:12:38AM
ou can't hate Rogan! He's living the dream everyone in this forum wishes they could, so stop hatin!
randyleprechaun
3/20/07 3:38:02PM
Gotta love Joe. The guys a genuine fan of the sport, whos got the greatest job in the world!

HOW I ENVY HIM
zephead
3/20/07 3:41:04PM
I didn't see Randy beating Tim. It was a huge upset. Randy proved that, with heart, determination and a belief in yourself, that anything is possible. I still can't believe that Randy, at 43, is the heavyweight champ
mkiv9secsupra
3/21/07 9:55:14PM
definitely went overboard....he is an awesome anouncer but it seems like if you say the word couture around him ever he nuts all over the place
FedorIsTheBest
3/23/07 2:25:37AM
Dude Rogan is dumb piece of shit, why do you even care about him?

I can only think of one good thing that Rogan's ever done in his life and that was shit on Carlos Mencia!