Rogan Bites The Hand That Feeds Him

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Rogan Bites The Hand That Feeds Him
RhythmAndStyle
9/23/09 11:20:49AM
"The guy does a great job analyzing the fights on UFC telecasts but sometimes Joe Rogan's blog rants miss the mark. He was a pretty big star before the UFC gig blew up so I could guess you could say he doesn't need it. That said, it's clear he enjoys being part of the fight game and its community. The driving force in that community is a rabid, passionate fan base. Gary Shaw once told Cagewriter that boxing will never match MMA when it comes to the culture the fans have developed. Through merchandising, supplies and gym sponsorship, most fighters are now making a healthy living. It's all good, right? Rogan says no, suggesting the majority of male MMA fans who buy these products are tools"

just a guy firing back at Joe Rogan for what he blog yesterday. some of ya'll might have read it..but here's the rest of the story Link
emfleek
9/23/09 11:25:18AM
I'm going to move this to the Locker Room since it's an opinion piece.
KaibaThedon
9/23/09 2:01:01PM
what did u expect? he dissed the one fist pose!
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/23/09 3:20:40PM
I disagree with pretty much everything that guy said... the guy misinterprets the message/rant/point rogan was trying to get out there... and that guy just makes up a sort of counter-rant. The guy just probly once "fist posed" and doesn't actually train or have any training in an mma related discipline and got mad.
MMAcca
9/23/09 5:06:20PM
The guy who wrote the reply is Steve Cofield. He does the 'CageWriter' blog.

For the record, i think he misses the whole point of what Rogan is saying.
BustedKnuckle
9/23/09 5:51:50PM
Rogan is an out of the box type thinker. He hates the mundayne and BS in life. He is a bit extreme about it but hey it is his opinion. Im not a fist pic posse guy but do own a tapout and a warrior wear shirt. I dont consider myself a tool. But there are a lot of meathaeds that act exactly as Joe said. Thats why i avoid watching UFC at a bar.
Rush
9/23/09 8:48:37PM
Rogan's rants could be something if he didn't come off as such a douche, but I guess that is in his blood. It's no secret I can't stand the guy and tend to watch all UFC fights on mute just so I can avoid the commentating (if that is what you call it).

I thought the writer made a decent point, albeit missed the mark with his blog title. Rogan has made some very stupid (as in bridge burning, among other things) comments in the past and it is only a matter of time before one of them hurts the UFC and they decide to let him go. It's not savvy to insult any group of fans when you are a recognizable individual in that very same business.

Both Rogan and Goldberg are totally dispensable as commentators and I can't see how Rogan producing any bad publicity for MMA (or associated businesses) would be a trade off for his commentating "abilities".
Gogoplatapus
9/25/09 11:28:11AM
Not only most fight fans who rock the shirts are tools, a majority of fighters are tools. I beg you to prove me wrong, and keep in mind I say a majority, not all. But at least 75%.
emfleek
9/25/09 11:34:57AM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Not only most fight fans who rock the shirts are tools, a majority of fighters are tools. I beg you to prove me wrong, and keep in mind I say a majority, not all. But at least 75%.

Considering the fact that 75% of ALL HUMAN BEINGS are tools, I can't say I would disagree with your statement.

MMAcca
9/26/09 12:26:06AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Considering the fact that 75% of ALL HUMAN BEINGS are tools, I can't say I would disagree with your statement.

I would say it's more than 75%, but then again i don't like many people......
scobac
9/27/09 12:34:52PM
I love Rogan and think he is one of the funniest comedians out there. I just dont see why so many people are taking this so personally, His blog IS NOT news and shouldnt be treated as such, it's comediac observation, Rogan will always be a comdedian first and comentator second. He speaks his mind and always has and im sure he is loving the fact that the "tools" are getting their jock straps in a bunch over a few words that were intended to be funny (and were IMO).

Anybody that thinks Rogan will lose his job over this is crazy, the only other guy involved with the ufc that speaks his mind more than Rogan is his boss which he happens to be great friends with.

Im not saying you cant dislike the guy but I think this is getting blown up alot and should be taken as comedy not a personal shot at the fans.